Anyone here have my old Friedman Rectifier or know who does?

Changed the negative feedback, power amp response and just sort out of an all around refinement of everything. I forgot all the exact changes but maybe he'll see this and share more.

It wasn't what most recto mods are. Most people want to make it a tighter, razor sharp metal machine. He voiced the mod around the vintage mode on mine and it was just really inspiring to play. Juicy and "bouncy" but for huge modern rock stuff but could still crush too. It's hard to describe but before the mod I had it sounding pretty good with with different tubes but after it just had something special.

Shortly after getting rid of it for a Mark IV I played the multi watt recto in hopes that I would like it, especially since they gave it an improved series loop but I absolutely hated it compared to mine. (Mine was a standard pre-reborn three channel)

Since then I've played a nice early two channel and gave the Multi watt Triple another try and I just find them very uninspiring after a few minutes of playing. The two channel was cool but my Friedman was better. The multi-watt triple in comparison was very hollow, bright and grainy/raspy sounding (but really tight and mean, like chomping on tin foil;) while mine was like a thick juicy elastic chewy sort of thing but still had sizzle on top. Played some Ubers back to back with the two channel and reborn triple and liked the Ubers way more. But that recto was just my thing. Some of it is probably sentimental too but it sounded great.

glassjaw7":253y2qbe said:
Changed the negative feedback, power amp response and just sort out of an all around refinement of everything. I forgot all the exact changes but maybe he'll see this and share more.

It wasn't what most recto mods are. Most people want to make it a tighter, razor sharp metal machine. He voiced the mod around the vintage mode on mine and it was just really inspiring to play. Juicy and "bouncy" but for huge modern rock stuff but could still crush too. It's hard to describe but before the mod I had it sounding pretty good with with different tubes but after it just had something special.

Shortly after getting rid of it for a Mark IV I played the multi watt recto in hopes that I would like it, especially since they gave it an improved series loop but I absolutely hated it compared to mine. (Mine was a standard pre-reborn three channel)

Since then I've played a nice early two channel and gave the Multi watt Triple another try and I just find them very uninspiring after a few minutes of playing. The two channel was cool but my Friedman was better. The multi-watt triple in comparison was very hollow, bright and grainy/raspy sounding (but really tight and mean, like chomping on tin foil;) while mine was like a thick juicy elastic chewy sort of thing but still had sizzle on top. Played some Ubers back to back with the two channel and reborn triple and liked the Ubers way more. But that recto was just my thing. Some of it is probably sentimental too but it sounded great.

Damnit that sounds so freakin awesome!! I've always been too scared to send in an amp to get modded. Too worried I would hate it. I love that chewy elastic feel too!! I never play with an od up front. The mini recto is pretty elastic as well. I'm rockin a 50 watt right now and its not bad in that department but could be a little better. I was lookin into adding a rectifier tube to it to get more chewy but never got around to it.

Oblivion DC":3a23nb0t said:
glassjaw7":3a23nb0t said:
Just curious

Well, who did you sell it too?? Maybe we should start there.

Tried that. Lolzgreg had it for a minute, I tried contacting the person he sold it to and sort of lost track of it after that. It was awhile ago but I think it was sold again after that. It's most likely not in a forum member's possession or whoever had/has it didn't like it as much as me and didn't feel the need to post anything about it. :LOL: :LOL:

I told you and told you....
Put a gps chip in it!!

Did you??
But nooooo.....
Mr. 'I don't need no damn chip in my amp'

And right on cue.. Annual January bump! Actually it looks like I missed a year. This amp floating around these parts?? It’s sentimental at this point. Would still like to get it back.

SN: R-038207

Maybe a stupid question...but...does Dave know? Has he seen it, by chance for a service or tech call...maybe....

The only reason I dumped it was because of the shitty parallel loop (even with mods those loops were funky) and at the time, it was my only amp so I was unfairly attempting to get every sound out of that circuit which just isn't possible. Now I have a few amps to cover other sounds but that recto was unique and what it did do, it did very well.

It's probably not what most people would even want their recto to sound like since, correct me if I'm wrong Dave, but you voiced it around the vintage modes and made it much warmer and somewhat "refined" for lack of a better word. But it still had balls, just more controlled and a touch more vintage growl.

Back