anyone vh4 with kt88s?

crabby

thoughts? dumping my 2nd splawn with 88s and what that headroom in my vh4, how does it work ? good bad?

i would imagine it would be close to the 6550s..maybe a tad more grit. Pop the KT88s out your Splawn & pop em in your VH4 before you get rid of it & give em a try. :thumbsup:

WOW :shocked: that was freakin like putting a blower on the vh4! I love the head room of the splawn but, once again I have come to the conclusion im not a splawn guy. The vh4 w/ kt88s was massive sounding, going from el34s... now i have to get a set n bias it up.Thanks Pauly for the idea :salute:

KT88's sounds amazing in a VH4. Much "wider" sounding. Basically a VH4 on steriods ! If you gig you shoudl also install tube retainer springs since the ones that are stock on the base don't work. It is not as easy as just unscrewing them tho, you have to take the amp out of the chasis, my tech did it.

Rock on !

what do they have a nut and bolt on the retainers? i know i need em being how big the 88s are.....funny i saw 1400 dollars kt88 tubes on the tube store they are called EAT Diamond kt88s $1400 bucks for tubes plz...... dude they better make dinner for that!

crabby":1gkyz1fb said:
what do they have a nut and bolt on the retainers? i know i need em being how big the 88s are.....funny i saw 1400 dollars kt88 tubes on the tube store they are called EAT Diamond kt88s $1400 bucks for tubes plz...... dude they better make dinner for that!

Yeah I seen those... it better make a 7 service dinner at that price. and makes us play better?

EAT KT88 tubes are very expensive because they are hand made in a small company. Just like our beloved Diezels.
Actually i think EAT are made in germany too lol. but there made exactly like the original KT88's.

The kt 88's are really nice in a 4..Mine has 6550's and i'm thinking bout installing 88's also..A brutal combination would be a VH 4 w/ 88's and a Herbert w/ 34's!!!!!!!

SpicedMuffin":7fsnatn0 said:
EAT KT88 tubes are very expensive because they are hand made in a small company. Just like our beloved Diezels.
Actually i think EAT are made in germany too lol. but there made exactly like the original KT88's.

i dont give a shit if they were made by gorrillas from the african jungle..... thats the price of a decent head on the used market! :gethim:

Back