ARS Electronics Closed??

MGL AmpWorks

I use the ARS filter caps in the amp I build. Tried calling today to order more, phone disconnected and website not coming up. Anyone heard that they have shut down? That would be a shame!

I just bought a box of 50 ARS 50/50uf cap cans a week or two ago. They’re still open.
So you were able to get them on the phone? That’s how I usually order but not when the phone is now disconnected. Called today and recording says number is no longer in service.

Maybe their whole system was hacked. The site is still showing not safe thru links on Google and others, but if I type the site into the browser it is now coming up again.also just tried the phone again and it went to voice mail. So hopefully all is good and false alarm.

You can get them from Valvestorm. Buuuut I prefer buying direct. Hopefully they're back up soon
Valvestorm advertises their ARS caps as “reformed and ready to go”. Is this exclusive to Valvestorm, or does ARS do this for all of their filter e-caps?

Valvestorm advertises their ARS caps as “reformed and ready to go”. Is this exclusive to Valvestorm, or does ARS do this for all of their filter e-caps?
They reform NOS stuff but buy new ARS.

ARS manufactures new capacitors, they have no reason to reform.

So when new e-caps are manufactured, they are all tested and considered formed because of the testing procedure?

Forming is a term that only applies to old dielectric that is slightly conductive due to drying out instead of being insulating which applies to old capacitors or new capacitors that have been stored for too long. Newly manufactured capacitors aren’t formed because the purpose of forming doesn’t apply.

Forming is a term that only applies to old dielectric that is slightly conductive due to drying out instead of being insulating which applies to old capacitors or new capacitors that have been stored for too long. Newly manufactured capacitors aren’t formed because the purpose of forming doesn’t apply.
Thanks! And now I’m even more curious… Valvestorm’s filter caps offerings are CE, F&T, ARS, TAD, Rifa, BC, and NOS Erie’s, that have been out of stock for a while now. Only on the ARS and Erie caps, the descriptions state “Re-formed and ready to go”. If the Erie’s were available, “Re-formed” would make sense. But the ARS caps? Maybe it’s a typo on the ARS listing. I just noticed the term “Re-formed” is not in the ARS cap description at Valvestorm’s Ebay listings.

Thanks! And now I’m even more curious… Valvestorm’s filter caps offerings are CE, F&T, ARS, TAD, Rifa, BC, and NOS Erie’s, that have been out of stock for a while now. Only on the ARS and Erie caps, the descriptions state “Re-formed and ready to go”. If the Erie’s were available, “Re-formed” would make sense. But the ARS caps? Maybe it’s a typo on the ARS listing. I just noticed the term “Re-formed” is not in the ARS cap description at Valvestorm’s Ebay listings.
He’s a one man company. It’s likely a typo trying to appease to key word searches for his site.

Back