Atomica vs Old bitch

Hello, Rigtalk

I have been saving for a cameron amp and have the funds for a used one that is and need you help.

This is not a which one is better but which one would fit my needs more. I currently have a BE100 and a twin jet. I'm leading towards the Atomica as i'm going for that passion and warfare modded marshall tone for my instrumental album. I'm just worried that the BE100 and atomica are to close in tone to spend 2k as i had to sleep with a lot of truckers to get that money;-)

And then there's the Old bitch which i hear is a different animal from the Atomica. There's a few vids up on youtube that show off that amp from defleputube and thank you for the time to make the vids. The one thing on the vids i hear on the old bitch is the low end seems loose other then that it might be a good amp to mix with my BE100.

I owned the Atomica and really liked but it's been awhile. And at that time i did not have the BE100

Thanks

I owned an Atomica, never played a BE or Old Bitch, but I'm guessing there's a bunch of tonal overlap in the BE and Atomica... guessing. Hopefully someone with more experience can chime in.

halebox":zsnw8g1t said:
Just get a real cameron modded marshall
There's that. I sold my CCV and Atomica, but kept a sweet Cameron modded 1987X. There is nothing like a Cameron modded Marshall.

drewiv":1whbjhw1 said:
halebox":1whbjhw1 said:
There's that. I sold my CCV and Atomica, but kept a sweet Cameron modded 1987X. There is nothing like a Cameron modded Marshall.

Sure there is Drew! An amp modded by Dan EF'n Gower:)

drewiv":2u3pfvib said:
halebox":2u3pfvib said:

I find cameron modded Marshall a hit and miss some sound ok we're other are amazing. The best cameron I have listened to online was an ocean mod.

As far as the dan gower amps I'm looking into his amps as we'll as they sound amazing

Drew what mod does your cameron have?

Thanks

bhuard75":1x99pa5u said:
drewiv":1x99pa5u said:
halebox":1x99pa5u said:

I've never had the pleasure. I have to get together with Metalmaniac93 to try out his KK++.

eraserhead101":ovb5u8xd said:
drewiv":ovb5u8xd said:
halebox":ovb5u8xd said:

I find cameron modded Marshall a hit and miss some sound ok we're other are amazing. The best cameron I have listened to online was an ocean mod.

As far as the dan gower amps I'm looking into his amps as we'll as they sound amazing

Drew what mod does your cameron have?

Thanks

The Cameron I have is one of those special ones, he did it for a friend of his and it's awesome. It's a CCV/Ocean/Custom 75 on a three-way toggle. Three of his rare mods all in one amp.

drewiv":1jxjxaan said:
bhuard75":1jxjxaan said:
drewiv":1jxjxaan said:
halebox":1jxjxaan said:

I've never had the pleasure. I have to get together with Metalmaniac93 to try out his KK++.

It is still there!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

the atomica n be-100 are very close n in the same genre. the o.b. is an aldrich...but different n like rev.2.. hope this helps.

eraserhead101":3kkto990 said:
metalmaniac93":3kkto990 said:
eraserhead101":3kkto990 said:
So with your help i'm thinking Atomica or a gower KK++.

Drew your amp sounds amazing.

I have both the Atomica and Gower KK++.

Seeing as you have both the atomica and gower. We're do they both sit vs each other.

The atomica is a bit more open/rawer than the KK++. KK++ is thicker sounding with more gain if you need since the Violence channel is 4 gain stages and it a fire breather!! So you get 3 and 4 gain stages in one amp, dual gain controls, mid-shift, etc making it more versatile.

Had Dave Friedman do the Atomica mod to my marshall 1959 reissue... sounds spot on and great!! Same circuit as the production amp- sans the effects loop which I would never use.

lespaul6":1yf85kpk said:
Had Dave Friedman do the Atomica mod to my marshall 1959 reissue... sounds spot on and great!! Same circuit as the production amp- sans the effects loop which I would never use.

I had no idea Dave would do other mods other then his own. How much and how long did it take to get your amp back. Thanks for the info.

errr.. well, honestly it takes at least 6 months..lol. Just the way it is I guess. It does sound good, I will eventually post a clip when I get around to it.

btw, Ive had an actual Cameron modded marshall in the past and it was ok... nothing special really. I think this one sounds much better- less bassy and one dimensional.

lespaul6":36qj7n2l said:
errr.. well, honestly it takes at least 6 months..lol. Just the way it is I guess. It does sound good, I will eventually post a clip when I get around to it.

btw, Ive had an actual Cameron modded marshall in the past and it was ok... nothing special really. I think this one sounds much better- less bassy and one dimensional.

The Atomica is a great amp indeed. :rock: :rock: :rock: Congrats on your Atomica mod.

The Atomica is a great amp indeed. :rock: :rock: :rock: Congrats on your Atomica mod.[/quote]

Thanks man! where do you run your depth (thump) knob? Ive been setting mine at about 9 oclock

Back