Meh, I like avatar's 4x12's but both types of 2x12 cabs from them I had were duds even after extensive speaker swaps. Cheaper is often not better as in the case of budget 2x12 cabs such as Avatar. I've played thru and owned numerous other 2x12 cabs (most of them not cheap) My opinion I suppose but I do dig the vintage 4x12 by

My cabinet came in yesterday, this thing is a monster. It's bigger and heavier than a Mesa 2x12, sounds great with my 6505 and Vypyr. Haven't tried my FB100 through it yet due to that being at my drummer's house, I'll get the chance to A/B it with my old traditional avatar 2x12 next week.

sjk":24etxs5g said:
Meh, I like avatar's 4x12's but both types of 2x12 cabs from them I had were duds even after extensive speaker swaps. Cheaper is often not better as in the case of budget 2x12 cabs such as Avatar. I've played thru and owned numerous other 2x12 cabs (most of them not cheap) My opinion I suppose but I do dig the vintage 4x12 by

Hate to talk bad about a small company like Avatar but I have to agree about their 2x12. It was essentially a bogner knock off but sounded terrible. I was really confused by this but I never warmed up to it.

All of my avatars are amazing. They all have dovetail joints and are upgraded versions though.
I have (2) custom signature 2x12's both sound awesome. 1 has v30's other has greenies, I really only use these for lower/medium volume home stuff.
The custom 4x12 with fl k100 is as tight as anything I've had. It brings the thump in spades.
I've had/have Diezel, Friedman, Mesa, Bogner, Marshall, to name a few big names. And within those names, I had both 2x12's and 4x12's for reference. I agree though I've had some avatars that were meh.
My custom ones are the shit though, and hang right there with my big name cabs

Back