Bad Music Shop experience today

No offense, but if you are going to post such a bad shop experience for people to read..why not post the place it happened at?

:dunno:

You would think that with more people buying online that having an actual person in the store would be welcome.

Then again, more people probably stop in to try the expensive stuff and then say "I can buy this online for xx less" and then leave.

Everyone hates GC but I rarely see that there. Yes, you get the clueless idiot but never the stuck up snob know it all. Just ask for the manager at GC and that will straighten them right out. Smaller shops you see the douchebags who are still upset that Nirvana ruined their music career.

I don't know if you dealt with the store owner or just some of is low waged minion. But it would be fun to try to complain to the owner to get a huge discount out of him.

Try Curt at the House of Guitars in Rochester NY. He's a great guy and they sell some really nice historics. I have bought 2 R0's from them.

were they disinterested while you were playing guitars or did you never even pick one/ask to play one? Did they at least greet you as you came in?

Customer service is really sucking in America. My girlie says it's the thing I most complain about. From the fast food chick at the register who is busy texting while I stand there waiting to order, to the hooker on the corner who get chewing gum in my pubes, more and more people just don't care anymore. Don't get me started on time warner cable.....

And the problem with guitars, specifically led pauls, is you want to try a bunch of them because one will blow the rest away. When buying online, you never know what you might get.

Sorry for ya, rez. Nothing sucks worse than having to walk away from something cause the seller sucks.

Go back in on a different day and hit up a different sales guy. Find the guitar you want and pay for it. After you've made your purchase talk to the manager/owner and let him know what kind of a douche bag you originally dealt with and how happy you are with the new sales guy.

I loathe every experience with Music Store people. If they're not acting arrogant and apathetic, they step into my personal space and give me the long lost friend routine which is even worse. Online guitar shopping has been pretty awesome in my experience, but for that kind of buy it would be nice to get a hands-on feel. I guess try again with a different sales associate.

Had similar issues with a sales guy at a motorcycle dealer several years ago. They had several new left overs from the prior year, so I asked the price he told me, and I made a counter offer. He got attitude fast. I left, went back later, talked to another sales guy made my offer we settled on a price, I bought it. When I went to pick it up, the first sales guy was there...I made sure he noticed me, and I gave my sales guy kudos in front of the whole store, and to the sales manager.

I went back a few months later to my sales guy, and purchased another new bike from him...and I made sure the first guy was there when I did. Good times. I also steered a few friends to that sales guy over the next few years too, a few bought new bikes from him...he called me and thanked me each time. edit: he also gave me discounts for service and accessories all the time.

rsm":1drr1jmd said:
Had similar issues with a sales guy at a motorcycle dealer several years ago. They had several new left overs from the prior year, so I asked the price he told me, and I made a counter offer. He got attitude fast. I left, went back later, talked to another sales guy made my offer we settled on a price, I bought it. When I went to pick it up, the first sales guy was there...I made sure he noticed me, and I gave my sales guy kudos in front of the whole store, and to the sales manager.

I went back a few months later to my sales guy, and purchased another new bike from him...and I made sure the first guy was there when I did. Good times. I also steered a few friends to that sales guy over the next few years too, a few bought new bikes from him...he called me and thanked me each time. edit: he also gave me discounts for service and accessories all the time.

Nicely done. :thumbsup:

That's how you handle douche sales guys. Give your business to one of his coworkers and make sure he knows. You'll be doing him a favor. At the end of the day, not everyone is cut out to be in sales and rubbing their nose in their mistake allows you to provide a service to your fellow man. Just think, maybe he won't waste his life doing something he's not good at. And he'll have you to thank for it. It's win/win, bro.

Back