Bad news for B.A.D

For authorized dealers of the brands that B.A.D. distributes not to have anykind of information that could let them handle their customers better who have deposits tied up in pre-orders is a bunch of fucken bullshit. I dont give a flying fuck about how fantastic someone’s customer service has been in the past. Its a dickhead move.

These dealers should have, at the very least, been given some type of forecast about delivery status to allow dealers to handle customers with pre-orders with money tied up. Instead I get, “we have not heard anything”. “We’ll see how to proceed when we do“. This bunker mentality isnt surprising. We‘ve seen this behavior before from some of them.

Last edited:
For authorized dealers of the brands that B.A.D. distributes not to have anykind of information that could let them handle their customers better who have deposits tied up in pre-orders is a bunch of fucken bullshit. I dont give a flying fuck about how fantastic someone’s customer service has been in the past. Its a dickhead move.

These dealers should have, at the very least, been given some type of forecast about delivery status to allow dealers to handle customers with pre-orders with money tied up. Instead I get, “we have not heard anything”. “We’ll see how to proceed when we do“. This bunker mentality isnt surprising. We saw the same behavior before from some of them.
I was worried about this too.... the best policy would be to just be transparent and get out in front of things.... customers appreciate this

I was worried about this too.... the best policy would be to just be transparent and get out in front of things.... customers appreciate this
They dont even need to be transparent. They could just to say, “We have no idea when we’ll ship anything”. They could also say “ We expect to be shipping merchandise end of 3Q”. One way or the other the dealer and customer can come to an accord about a deposit that was placed on an item you dont know when you’ll be getting at this point.

Well here is what I can tell you.. Im currently testing new amps.. Trying to get back in full swing as soon as possible. Going to be testing this week also. Thanks Please be patient as we are waiting on new items to replace what was lost so we can finish off and ship new production..

These dealers should have, at the very least, been given some type of forecast about delivery status to allow dealers to handle customers with pre-orders with money tied up. Instead I get, “we have not heard anything”. “We’ll see how to proceed when we do“. This bunker mentality isnt surprising. We‘ve seen this behavior before from some of them.

I'm sure Dave and the rest will make everything right for everyone as soon as they can, there's no need to shit on them when they are in such difficult times. No need to be an entitled asshole demanding quick explanations or else.

I'm sure Dave and the rest will make everything right for everyone as soon as they can, there's no need to shit on them when they are in such difficult times. No need to be an entitled asshole demanding quick explanations or else.

Even if you have the best business continuity plan, something always falls within a crack here and there, coming from a 20-year career in operations for several industries. You can plan for every possible hiccup and in hindsight, you see something you failed to prep or could have done better.

I'm sure these builders did not take into account everything as I would bet 100% B.A.D. sold them a 'piece of mind' distribution deal that said, "we'll handle all the logistics and quality manufacturing, so you can focus on vision and developing the next great thing." So really, production and delivery timetables were in BAD's hands and yes, the builders trusted BAD, methinks. I'm sure they're picking up many pieces and anytime something like this happens, communication breakdowns always occur on some level.

I can appreciate the frustration, like anyone else that's lost an amp or order being delayed, but try to put yourself in their shoes, and making presumptions will probably only frustrate you further.

I mean...did your amp get delayed or did your grandmother get piledriven to her death by concrete within 7 seconds flat while asleep at 1am in her condo in Florida last week?

It is what it is. First-world problems. We should teach resilience and perspective in high school more...

Last edited:
Well here is what I can tell you.. Im currently testing new amps.. Trying to get back in full swing as soon as possible. Going to be testing this week also. Thanks Please be patient as we are waiting on new items to replace what was lost so we can finish off and ship new production..
this was great to hear! best regards going forward Dave!

“No need to be an entitled asshole”? You kidding me? Ive been waiting for an amp I ordered with a couple grand down since beginning of Feb. Over 2 months late with no response to any of my inquiries from anyone on when I can expect the amp. The fire happens June 1st and 29 days later I have no idea when or if that amp will ship this year. Im not sure if the local music shop is going to try to hold my deposit hostage.

Im the asshole for inquiring 29 days later after a warehouse fire about what expectations I can have about delivery? Thats a far cry from “demanding a quick explanation”.

A simple email in the middle of June to a distributed list of dealers that couldve been used to inform customers what to expect concerning their deliverables would‘ve gone a long way.

“No need to be an entitled asshole”? You kidding me? Ive been waiting for an amp I ordered with a couple grand down since beginning of Feb. Over 2 months late with no response to any of my inquiries from anyone on when I can expect the amp. The fire happens June 1st and 29 days later I have no idea when or if that amp will ship this year. Im not sure if the local music shop is going to try to hold my deposit hostage.

Im the asshole for inquiring 29 days later after a warehouse fire about what expectations I can have about delivery? Thats a far cry from “demanding a quick explanation”.

A simple email in the middle of June to a distributed list of dealers that couldve been used to inform customers what to expect concerning their deliverables would‘ve gone a long way.
I feel for you, man, but I feel for BAD too.

Last edited:
Im not sure if the local music shop is going to try to hold my deposit hostage.

Then that's the music store shop fault. I don't know where you live, but in my country that's illegal, you have the right to take back your deposit at any time and I did so a couple of times after waiting for months too.

In my experience, some music stores deceive you claiming that the gear that you want will come fast when in reality they don't know that for a fact or even they know that's not going to be the case, but they don't want to lose the possible sale so they simply lie to you. Then they blame it on the gear company trying to come clean out of their antics.

You're entitled to how you feel, no doubt, and I too would be frustrated with your situation. The brands within BAD have less control and Jon BCN is right that the music stores are more to blame here: that is where any anger/concern should be placed.

If you bought it from a retailer and gave them your money, they need to be managing your expectations upfront and better in this situation. If I gave XZY music retailer thousands of dollars in deposit, I'm calling them to log a complaint about their lack of communication on my purchase. If they blame the builder/distributor, then I'm calling that entity, and so on.

At the end of the day, you are at the mercy of the supply chain or you just cancel your order and get your money back. Eventually, logging a complaint (in a helpful way vs. yelling at customer service) can do wonders, but sometimes companies suck with customer service and you're just SOL. It's a shitty situation, but you do have some control here over getting your money back and controlling how you respond to the situation.

I hope it works out for you, amigo. Life's too short for this one to get the better of you and we see it every day. I'm trying to be helpful with perspective for you so that you're not frustrated. We've all been in this situation at some point, so it's relatable.

Take care.

The problem is that we were incredibly back ordered before the fire.. This was due to the increased demand during this pandemic year and also the fact at the beginning of the year we were shut down for awhile.. Orders didn't just stop coming in you know.. So then we were playing catch up and this happens... Sorry for your delay on your amp I really am but everybody is doing everything they can to get operational.

Back