Bare Knuckles (alnico) Black Hawk pickups

I am a big fan of BKP pickups but I have not used the Black Hawk. Which pickups are in your Custom 24 now? What do you like/dislike about them and what are you seeking in the new ones?

For metal I'm assuming? I'm sure they'd be great in that guitar if metal is your game.

I've tried several models and settled on a Painkiller bridge in one axe and a Rebel Yell in another. I do want to try a Black Hawk though....and a Holy Diver, and a Miracle man, and an Aftermath, and a Black Dog :LOL: :LOL:

I'm thinking of a ceramic Blackhawk in the new Ibanez I got coming.

I don't think you can go wrong with any BKP really. Just amazing pups.

Ceramic hawk in mahogany ltd guitar here....sounds pretty good, but maybe not as versatile as other models. For metal they are quite good. Ceramic warpig is still my favorite pup however.

I have the Alnico Black Hawk, Impulse and I have tried the ceramic Black Hawk...Didnt care for the ceramic one.. Like the other 2 alot.

Impulse is a fat pickup but when its in the right guitar it kills... Ive heard the Alnico Black Hawk also sound great. I had it in a Swamp Ash body guitar and it was super tight yet warm on the highs and angry enough in the mids. Really Cool !

the4thlast1":280a4yy5 said:
I have the Alnico Black Hawk, Impulse and I have tried the ceramic Black Hawk...Didnt care for the ceramic one.. Like the other 2 alot.

Impulse is a fat pickup but when its in the right guitar it kills... Ive heard the Alnico Black Hawk also sound great. I had it in a Swamp Ash body guitar and it was super tight yet warm on the highs and angry enough in the mids. Really Cool !

"I had it in a Swamp Ash body guitar and it was super tight yet warm on the highs and angry enough in the mids. "
^^^
I've got a swamp ash bolt on coming soon. This is good to know in case the stock pups don't do it for me. I'd probably go ceramic BH first and if that didn't pan out maybe try the alnico version.

I have a blackhawk in my custom 24, not sure if it's ceramic or alnico. I didn't like it for a long time, but after messing with the guitar for a while I got it setup in c# standard and it sounds really good now. I have the pickup height a little lower than I do on other guitars/pickups and it seems to work better that way.

Back