Best Hair Metal Album Ever

I bought them both when they came out. HD is imo one of the best metal albums ever. Saw him on both tours as well. Savatage, Megadeth and Dio. Not a hair metal lineup at all.

Hair metal? We will just have to agree to disagree on this one. In retrospect, his later albums didn't have the bite that the first two did.

10/10. Lighting in a bottle. Perfect album in every possible way.

I'd probably have to go with Winger's debut, Skid Row's debut, or Slaughter's Stick It To Ya....I can pretty much listen to and really enjoy every song on that album.

Reactions: Geo
I bought them both when they came out. HD is imo one of the best metal albums ever. Saw him on both tours as well. Savatage, Megadeth and Dio. Not a hair metal lineup at all.

Hair metal? We will just have to agree to disagree on this one. In retrospect, his later albums didn't have the bite that the first two did.

Whitesnake's 1987 might be my favorite album but Rainbow in the Dark is my favorite song 🤘

What defines hair metal? The timeline, the big hair, makeup or something else?
Well, imo it's the makeup lol. Probably should just be the hairspray a poodle-poof hair though, but then that would include a lot of the others that don't really sound like hair metal/party-metal.

Reactions: Geo
I remember what it was that made me find and love 80s Metal... A buddy of mine said listen to this in the early 80s and then blasted Bang your Head. I'd never heard anything sound so good in my life and have been hooked to this music every since.

Kiss - Unmasked (1980)

Kiss - Creatures of the Night (1982)

Kiss - Lick it Up (1983)

Kiss - Animalize (1984)

Kiss - Asylum (1985)

Yea definitely some loose interpretations of 'hair metal'... I don't even consider GnR hair metal; they just don't fit in that realm for me, but I get it if you do. My killers would be
1.Whitesnake 87
2. Out of the Cellar
3. Hysteria, Skidrow, Crue, Winger... etc

What defines hair metal? The timeline, the big hair, makeup or something else?
Timeline and hairspray. And red spandex jumpsuits
IMG_7181.png

I remember what it was that made me find and love 80s Metal... A buddy of mine said listen to this in the early 80s and then blasted Bang your Head. I'd never heard anything sound so good in my life and have been hooked to this music every since.
This was the one that started it for me too :rock:

Motley crue- shout at the devil.
When i was a 10 yr old kid i heard this album loved it, basicly changed my life at the time and its my favorite album of the 80s.

Ratt- out of the cellar also had a huge impact on me, i still listen to both albums i mentioned, i never did grow tired of the songs on these 2 albums i mentioned.
I saw Mötley twice on the Shout tour and Ratt once on the Cellar tour . Saying it was a blast would be an understatement

I saw Mötley twice on the Shout tour and Ratt once on the Cellar tour . Saying it was a blast would be an understatement
I would have loved to see them on those tours, i was only 10 or 11 yrs old when i got into those bands and my mom wouldnt take me to the theater of pain or invasion tours the following year, eventually she took me to the feelgood tour but i was around 16 yrs old by then, they filmed the video for same old situation that night, so it was cool for me. But the shout tour is still the tour i wished i could have seen more than any other tour except the metallica puppets tour.

Back