Best Hair Metal Album Ever

Probably not. But it's from 1983.
IMG_3889.jpeg

Dokken/ Under lock and key
Dio/ Last in line
Ratt/ out of the Cellar
Your on the right track!!

Holy diver as an album was much better. Last in line was kind of like Mob rules as a follow up to HnH -good but not as good.

So here's the deal 'Hair metal??? Really? I know it's a term used but typically to make fun of the posers whop emerged at the end of the 80's

Let's review: the 80's began in 1978 when VH I came out. Then there was randy Ratt and so many others who followed suit. By 1985 all the best stuff had come out then you had clones ad nauseum.
As a result the self respecting dudes moved on the thrash. By the end of the 80's When Lynch mob dropped wicked sensation it sanpped me out of the thrash thing but make no mistake it had nothing to do with George's use of aqua net LoL :m17:

I would have loved to see them on those tours, i was only 10 or 11 yrs old when i got into those bands and my mom wouldnt take me to the theater of pain or invasion tours the following year, eventually she took me to the feelgood tour but i was around 16 yrs old by then, they filmed the video for same old situation that night, so it was cool for me. But the shout tour is still the tour i wished i could have seen more than any other tour except the metallica puppets tour.
I saw the other Ratt and Mötley tours you mentioned also . 2 dates on the Theatre tour , 2 dates on the Invasion tour and 1 Dr Feelgood show

i won a satin Dio concert tour jacket the day of the Last in Line concert for being the right caller on a local metal radio show on Oahu. Yngwie was the opener for the show supporting his Marching Out LP and i moshed from the lodges seating to the front of the stage and watched him play eruption with his teeth.

aloha!

Your on the right track!!

Holy diver as an album was much better. Last in line was kind of like Mob rules as a follow up to HnH -good but not as good.

So here's the deal 'Hair metal??? Really? I know it's a term used but typically to make fun of the posers whop emerged at the end of the 80's

Let's review: the 80's began in 1978 when VH I came out. Then there was randy Ratt and so many others who followed suit. By 1985 all the best stuff had come out then you had clones ad nauseum.
As a result the self respecting dudes moved on the thrash. By the end of the 80's When Lynch mob dropped wicked sensation it sanpped me out of the thrash thing but make no mistake it had nothing to do with George's use of aqua net LoL :m17:
I agree, probably should have said Holy Diver ! Ronnie was my favorite singer !

If ya want to turn your students onto some great playing check Don Dokkens Up From The Ashes. John Norum and Billy White, Plus Mikkey Dee on drums. They had a grat sound on both guitars as well. Definitely a hidden gem if ya never heard it before.

What's weird is growing up in that era, there was no term called Hair Metal. It was all just rock. Maybe you'd hear someone say LA metal to differentiate the bands from that area vs. others but that was about it. It wasn't until they had to give a name to Grunge to define it that the term Hair Metal was coined.

Now everyone from that era is Hair Metal which IMO is not at all accurate especially when it's just to demean those bands. I mean the early onslaught the original 80's bands from Ozzy, Dio, Ratt, Motley, Leppard etc......they were doing they're on thing. Now they're just all lumped in.

Motley crue- shout at the devil.
When i was a 10 yr old kid i heard this album loved it, basicly changed my life at the time and its my favorite album of the 80s.

Ratt- out of the cellar also had a huge impact on me, i still listen to both albums i mentioned, i never did grow tired of the songs on these 2 albums i mentioned.
For sure!

Skid Row is right up there too :yes:

I hate the term Hair Metal as most of it is not metal at all. Hair Bands is a better term IMO.

That's the way I remember it too. It may have specifically been Poison that put the hair in Hair Metal. So in that respect, @RaceU4her was probably right. I kind of rebelled against that very music at the time and went in the Metallica et al and/or Yngwie/Shred directions. So I have no idea who the best hair metal band was. But for me none of those earlier bands were Hair Metal. Hair Metal was a divergence from that...almost like a caricature of it.

Back