Best Speaker match to the Friedman BE-100?

Greg Riley

I got a new Friedman BE-100 (Browneye). I'm using it thru a 8 ohm Bogner Anniversay 2x12 with V-30's at present (I also have a Bogner 1x12 cube with a V-30 at 16 ohms). I think it sounds better thru my buddie's 2x12 with Celestion 65's. I'm going back to a 4x12 for gig's. The 08' Malibu sucks for 4x12's though :no: I wanna hear what speakers you guys think from your experience and ears best matches the BE-100? :yes:

We have a 4x12" setup here with GB's on the top and V30's on the bottom and the BE loves it hard.

:)

Mark

I play mine through a Bogner OS 2x12 with Warehouse speakers. One is a an ET65 and one a Green Beret. Love this speaker combo with my Friedman.

Doesn't Cantrell use GB's and V30's with his? Lynch probably has his new Lynchbacks running with his. Or not. Who really knows.

fd217e92.jpg

3839517a.jpg

I get the best tone from G12M 25 watt Blackbacks from the 70's. :thumbsup:

I use both EVH Greenbacks(Bogner Slant) and M75 and H75 Scumbacks(Bogner Straight). Both work really well with the BE-100....

The Scumback's (M75,J75,H75), Greenback variations (EVH,Blackback), and V30's seem most popular. I don't think the V30's alone cover the full frequency spectrum of the BE-100 to my ear. I know Dave's preference is pairing top and bottom variations instead of X-pattern. Like Mark said about the cabinet at their shop. Has anyone experimented?

Greg Riley":2yxvf1zs said:
The Scumback's (M75,J75,H75), Greenback variations (EVH,Blackback), and V30's seem most popular. I don't think the V30's alone cover the full frequency spectrum of the BE-100 to my ear. I know Dave's preference is pairing top and bottom variations instead of X-pattern. Like Mark said about the cabinet at their shop. Has anyone experimented?
I've played around with GBs' and V30s'. Best to me is Heritage Gbs' on top and V30s' on the bottom in a quad box.
Heres' a couple of recordings to hear the different speakers, I like either recorded but use both live. The advantage is that you can mic either speaker.
V30s > https://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_so ... D=11338199
GB Heritage > https://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_so ... ID=9637379

I've tried every single speaker mentioned so far with mine through Metropoulos Cabs. I came full circle back to Greens top/V30's bottom. The Heritage H30 is also in another cab is superb. A worthy note- The Lynchback speaker is really really nice. That's grown on me heavy lately.
Peace, Wade

Finnster":1htw660a said:
Bumping this old thread.

Anyone try Creambacks with the BE-100?

I don't have the BE-100, but for what it's worth, I use them with my kitchen sink mods. I think the 65 watt M creamback (I haven't tried the other one) is the best speaker I've tried so far (I've tried standard G12M greenback, V30s, G12T-75s, and scumback M75s).

To be honest, all of the speakers sounded great with these amps, but the creambacks sounded the clearest and most balanced to me.

Back