Billy Blades Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
If i want a boner i just look at my Friedman KS JMP 2203 circuit, its pure sex.

Not sure what bill is trying to do here but thats one of the worst builds ive seen in 5 years of guts on the net. :confused:

charveldan":39blfjui said:

Gut shots? PM 'em if you don't want to post. I just want to see what is getting you so aroused, because you keep talking about it......

Jeez!

I'm no expert but that is pretty poor, if that were me i would NOT be posting it online!

So much solder on those joints, doesnt look like enough heat was applied either. Yuk!

As said above too: burnt wire insulation, hasnt even shrunk the shrink tube...

From the clips i've heard his mods don't even sound that good. Certianly not in the same league as Cameron mods.

:thumbsdown:

rlord1974":1ym18lvb said:
charveldan":1ym18lvb said:

Gut shots? PM 'em if you don't want to post. I just want to see what is getting you so aroused, because you keep talking about it......
Ive wanted to for two years but told Dave i wouldnt and keep my word.

Although I think that looks pretty sloppy I'm not a techie but if that amp is as bad as everyone is making it sound I find little humor in it because someone could get hurt.

joepete77":28qfkn66 said:
Don't get me wrong, I have definatly seen nicer , cleaner , and more thought out layouts then this, but if it sounds good, has no Noise issues and is reliable then that should be what matters. Yrs ago most players wouldn't care what the guts looked like as long as it sounded great. I have seen plenty of vintage amps that aren't pretty also. Taking your amp to the mall for glamour shots is something that came about in the past ten yrs!! Lol. I see this pics of gear in front of waterfalls and shit, cracks me up.
Was the owner of this amp complaining?
It's not the mess of wires that is the issue. It is the dangerous choices in layout and poor soldering. The old amps you mention may not have looked great, but they were not laid out in a dangerous way. If you don't mind setting your house on fire, or electrocuting yourself some day, hey, go ahead and grab one...

Steve

sah5150":myz5y7tt said:
joepete77":myz5y7tt said:
Don't get me wrong, I have definatly seen nicer , cleaner , and more thought out layouts then this, but if it sounds good, has no Noise issues and is reliable then that should be what matters. Yrs ago most players wouldn't care what the guts looked like as long as it sounded great. I have seen plenty of vintage amps that aren't pretty also. Taking your amp to the mall for glamour shots is something that came about in the past ten yrs!! Lol. I see this pics of gear in front of waterfalls and shit, cracks me up.
Was the owner of this amp complaining?
It's not the mess of wires that is the issue. It is the dangerous choices in layout and poor soldering. The old amps you mention may not have looked great, but they were not laid out in a dangerous way. If you don't mind setting your house on fire, or electrocuting yourself some day, hey, go ahead and grab one...

Steve
I know Steve, I was just pointing out that there others out there sending out shit mod work bit since this dope does everyone jumps in. Double standard cause billy is an easy target. I seriously question if busy mod guys just have their apprentice or subcontract out the mods, sure looked and sounded like it.

As has already been pointed out ( I eluded to this as well), lots of vintage amps look like rat's nests so really we shouldn't be too quick to judge an amp on the layout. That said, a lot of vintage amps have proper soldering so that is the least he could do! I think the reason this was posted and the reason people have issues with Blades, is because he openly reverse engineers and charges top dollars for his amps in addition to verbally attacking all other builders. Had he kept to himself and not been such a jerk off (and paid attention to his work), people might have been more forgiving.

The good news is here, is that I don't feel so bad about my own builds :)

joepete77":20fvxxsn said:
...I was just pointing out that there others out there sending out shit mod work bit since this dope does everyone jumps in. Double standard cause billy is an easy target. I seriously question if busy mod guys just have their apprentice or subcontract out the mods, sure looked and sounded like it.

It's easier for people to "jump in" when the modder/builder is named and details and pics are provided, as is the case with Billy. People need information and context.

You say you were "wronged" by a modder, yet you seem unwilling to share any details? Why the hesitancy? I'm not trying to be an ass, but a lot of comments like yours are posted on RT but with no further info provided - info that could protect other forum members from being wronged in the future.

I think Billy doesn't do himself any favors with his arrogance and grandiose claims. Guy probably has borderline personality disorder.

I found the guys videos.....Funny....amusing...entertaining...shit some of his clips sounded pretty damn good.
but I do have to give him Kudos for chasing his dream. Comes off a bit arrogant sometimes... :LOL: :LOL:
But its still good stuff. He stuck his neck on the line....and sometimes it gets chopped.
Safer to sit back on the sidelines and criticize right?? ;)
No effort equals no mistakes. :yes:

Mailman1971":fzyu0964 said:
I found the guys videos.....Funny....amusing...entertaining...shit some of his clips sounded pretty damn good.
but I do have to give him Kudos for chasing his dream. Comes off a bit arrogant sometimes... :LOL: :LOL:
But its still good stuff. He stuck his neck on the line....and sometimes it gets chopped.
Safer to sit back on the sidelines and criticize right?? ;)
No effort equals no mistakes. :yes:

true dat dawg!!!

sah5150":1w0rl4tm said:

Steve

This is what I suspected and why this isn't humorous to me.

Bob Savage":3h1ki42d said:
sah5150":3h1ki42d said:

Steve

Me either and I can't understand some of these responses given that people with knowledge are indicating this thing is hazardous currently...

Steve

sah5150":1w17cnqn said:
Bob Savage":1w17cnqn said:
sah5150":1w17cnqn said:

Steve

Me either and I can't understand some of these responses given that people with knowledge are indicating this thing is hazardous currently...

Steve

Wow.. If this was just a personal hobby build, that'd be bad enough, but apparently these things are honestly in circulation in some circles..?

I wanna see a web redemption! Daniel Tosh should take this on, pair him with Reinhold Bogner and Mike Fortin and commence on a quality build for the poor bastard who bought this amp. That'd be awesome- and funny as fuck. I'd watch it.. twice.

Yeah...dont you have to run BURN IN TESTS on amps??? :LOL: :LOL:

Not just pump them out the door?

Again....Kudos to the guy for doing it. Would I buy an amp or mod from him? Nope.
He just seemed to be talking like a slick car salesman in his videos. Entertaining...yes...
cup holders in the amp heads?? :LOL: :LOL:

That speaks for itself. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back