Black Star Riders

The second song was great. Not a nostalgia band effort. A legit great song.

Very cool!

:rock:

Great guitar tone. No bullshit. Straight up rocking goodness.

I think it's a great effort and any Lizzy fan would be proud.

I hope they keep it going as I'm looking forward to more from them.

Very cool. My love for Thin Lizzy has been growing and growing, I will have to pick up this album. :)

I've loved Lizzy since I discovered them in the late 70's and I admit I have a really hard time liking this singer. I appreciate they used a new name for this but it sounds so much like Thin Lizzy in the music that it still hits me like a Thin Lizzy tribute band even though Gorham is in it. Plus the lyrics really lack some of the poetry and flow that Phil had in his. Phil had this resonance and soul to his voice and this guy just sounds like the 1000's of guy's who can basically hold pitch but have no character. I wish these guys well but I can't say I like it all that much, mainly because of the singer's voice.

I like everything I've heard so far...frankly I'm just glad Gorham is still out there keeping things going. No, it's not Lizzy but the spirit is there and at this point it's the best we're gonna get...especially for die-hard Lizzy fans such as myself.

On a side note my good friend is heading out with Brother Cane on bass. Got one friend touring with Tom Keifer on guitar and now one with Brother Cane...I'm expecting swag from both.

I've been a Lizzy fan since the 70's and I'm not a fan of this at all and I can't stand Warwick's voice either. I hear no spirit, I just hear cash in. They're not using the name Thin Lizzy cos they were told they can't for any recordings.

Thin Lizzy is one of my all time favorite bands. Although these guys clearly aren't Lizzy, they have a cool retro sound that I dig.

Not digging the rhythm guitar tones much though.

Anyone picked up the new album that came came out this year? I think it's better than the first a
Bum myself, sounds less forced. The killer instinct album comes in version with a bonus disc too.

Back