Bogner offering Metal Grills again

jamme61

Attachments

• metal_grill.jpg
    metal_grill.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 4,515
Whats the issue about swapping the cloth faced one for the metal?
Bogner site said it might not fit???

John4021":2cztam1v said:

The two prices of wood that hold the grill on would be covered in tolex if the metal grill came stock from factory. So you will have to cover those pieces of wood with tolex or at least paint them black. Also you will have to put new drill holes when you mount the metal grill. Sounds like a lot but no biggie really IMHO

jamme61":12j53ktl said:
John4021":12j53ktl said:

The two prices of wood that hold the grill on would be covered in tolex if the metal grill came stock from factory. So you will have to cover those pieces of wood with tolex or at least paint them black. Also you will have to put new drill holes when you mount the metal grill. Sounds like a lot but no biggie really IMHO

I gather this is the same with the wheat coloured grill?

PBGas":3hxouci9 said:
jamme61":3hxouci9 said:
John4021":3hxouci9 said:

I gather this is the same with the wheat coloured grill?

I called it cloth,but it is the same material as your wheat colored . I need one for my Rev Blue.
I have a metal grill on my TJ and I kinda forgot(just got the Rev Blue 3 months ago)t what a pain in the ass it is to yank the chassis outwith the solid grill. Keeps getting caught on the gawd damn piping.
Anyone have any tricks to pull the chassis out ?
Damn near broke the chassis face plate the first time I wanted to swap tubes .

Mine shipped along with a couple of t-shirts! Charlie and Joe at Bogner were great! Can't wait to put the new face on it!

just did the install with the added tolex went in easily. I did notice this grill is a little different in the bottom right corner. when I look at some of the older XTC's that corner is covered by the grill. small difference still like the look.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    801 KB · Views: 4,107
I think it is the best-looking head ever made. Love it. I love this pic from the old website:

Bogner-All.jpg

No, that's a different (larger) head cab. However, the 20th XTC chassis will fit in the regular 101b head cab.

Great news!
Now, if they'd just stop using that stupid new swirly tolex!

Back