Bogner Power transformer spec.

Tjaldur

Any one have the specification for Bogner Helios 100 power transformer.
I one on my bench with burned Tranny :(

Go to the Bogner forum and find the contact sticky thread. Reach out to him and ask if he’s willing to sell you a PT by itself no warranty implied. He may require you to ship the amp to him.

I also hope you have excellent troubleshooting skills because obviously the PT let go for some reason. I hope you’ve isolated the short or problem that caused it, because without knowing why it destroyed itself, you’ll likely cook another one.

Regardless you’re not getting the specifications. Cameron tried that one time and look at the reputation it cost him.

Last edited:
Go to the Bogner forum and find the contact sticky thread. Reach out to him and ask if he’s willing to sell you a PT by itself no warranty implied. He may require you to ship the amp to him.

I also hope you have excellent troubleshooting skills because obviously the PT let go for some reason. I hope you’ve isolated the short or problem that caused it, because without knowing why it destroyed itself, you’ll likely cook another one.

Regardless you’re not getting the specifications. Cameron tried that one time and look at the reputation it cost hi

Thx, actually I have a doc from Bogner with the spec, but I thougt some voltage was a bit low.

Attachments

• Helios 100W PWR Transformer.pdf
    112.2 KB · Views: 77
Thx, actually I have a doc from Bogner with the spec, but I thougt some voltage was a bit low.
Interesting. Looks like the iron is spec'd for 337v secondaries. Kind of an odd voltage. And it's split into two separate taps. I guess so Bogner can combine them for high power and split them somehow for low power.

Interesting. Looks like the iron is spec'd for 337v secondaries. Kind of an odd voltage. And it's split into two separate taps. I guess so Bogner can combine them for high power and split them somehow for low power.

I'm not seeing 337v. I think you're adding the low and high voltage taps together on one side of the center tap to get that number.

I'm seeing 185 + 185 for the high side @ 370vac, which will DC rectify into high 400vdc easily. The 152 + 152 are the low voltage taps, which would be on a switch for hi/ lo power.

I heard they are using heyboer transformers for Helios? You may wanna contact them if they could release the tx to you...?

I'm not seeing 337v. I think you're adding the low and high voltage taps together on one side of the center tap to get that number.

I'm seeing 185 + 185 for the high side @ 370vac, which will DC rectify into high 400vdc easily. The 152 + 152 are the low voltage taps, which would be on a switch for hi/ lo power.
370v AC would be the total high voltage secondary output. That's enough? And yeah, I added them together because I figured Bogner was doing something like to get higher voltages since my 50 watter has 350-0-350 secondaries for 700v AC.

370v AC would be the total high voltage secondary output. That's enough? And yeah, I added them together because I figured Bogner was doing something like to get higher voltages since my 50 watter has 350-0-350 secondaries for 700v AC.
See my above. It depends on the rectifier type. Full wave rectification typically found in 50 watt marshal types are full wave. That 700v is full wave rectified 700v x 0.7 to get you 490DCV

Bridge rectified, mostly seen in Marshall type 100 watters in the case of the above is the 337V x 1.414 = 476DCV
Edit:. Not sure where that 337VAC came from nits beneithe 304V or 370V

Last edited:
See my above. It depends on the rectifier type. Full wave rectification typically found in 50 watt marshal types are full wave. That 700v is full wave rectified 700v x 0.7 to get you 490DCV

Bridge rectified, mostly seen in Marshall type 100 watters in the case of the above is the 337V x 1.414 = 476DCV
Edit:. Not sure where that 337VAC came from nits beneithe 304V or 370V

Yes, either 370vac or 304vac.

Back