Bogner Uber Ultra EL34 vs 6L6 - Who played both?

I don’t think you’re messing enough with Ch. 2. If you set the metamorph to tight and adjust to your liking, it will stupid tight and smoke up any amp ESPECIALLY an ENGL for lightning fast riffing. To go further, flip to focus mode and you’ll be as tight and dry like all those 8/9 string djent YouTubers
Holy shit dude, I'm literally laughing out loud that I'm such a dumbass. I never have tried the amp with metamorph OFF and that literally just unlocked a whole new world for me. User error and thank you for that.

Holy shit dude, I'm literally laughing out loud that I'm such a dumbass. I never have tried the amp with metamorph OFF and that literally just unlocked a whole new world for me. User error and thank you for that.
Nah you’re good bro. That amp takes some time to learn. Shit I was discovering new tones on the daily for just about 3 months straight no joke.

It’s those old ass ears of yours, you need that high end to be front and center! Lol
I've considered that many times while trying to dial mine in :LOL:

using morph completely off is a game changer though. Gives me the perfect sag that I like and yes it is now a little tighter too. Starting to get where I need to be.

I've considered that many times while trying to dial mine in :LOL:

using morph completely off is a game changer though. Gives me the perfect sag that I like and yes it is now a little tighter too. Starting to get where I need to be.
How do you get saggier and tighter at the same time? Just asking. That seems to be that elusive place I like too.

Glad you found a potential grail amp my friend :cheers:

How do you get saggier and tighter at the same time? Just asking. That seems to be that elusive place I like too.

Glad you found a potential grail amp my friend :cheers:
It felt weird typing those two words in the same sentence. By sag I mean the time it takes for the note to fully reach its peak. The best way I can explain it would be the open string djent note. I don't really "djent" but idk how else to describe, it now reminds me more of the Rev 2 in that regard.

As far as tighter just the low end response. It was never flubby at all but less flabby lol. I need to bring it by sometime and show you what it can do.

It felt weird typing those two words in the same sentence. By sag I mean the time it takes for the note to fully reach its peak. The best way I can explain it would be the open string djent note. I don't really "djent" but idk how else to describe, it now reminds me more of the Rev 2 in that regard.

As far as tighter just the low end response. It was never flubby at all but less flabby lol. I need to bring it by sometime and show you what it can do.
Keep your cab. Why? Because i have a matching cab syndrome. :D

^ you need to update your pics bro, the 'after' still looks fucked :LOL:
It's perfectly sealed, just some ripped tolex.

I recorded a clip, if my sag explanation didn't make any sense, you can hear what I'm talking about. When I hit the low open note on the riff that starts at :46

What’s particularly neat is that the morph knob sweeps over a different tone control depending on the fat/tight switch

That plus the density knob really make it a tweakers paradise if they wish

I will probably just wait for the JP-2C. I ordered it in March 2022 for 2999.- and still have the order confirmed in my Thomann-Account.
For 2999.- it's a No Brainer, when it comes to decide which amp i should get again, and IF i get it for that price, because the price went up to 4999.- since they relisted it again on their site. And that is simply too much. :D I'm still a bit undecided. Marshall killed again today. We are turning in circles...

The EL34 version will accept KT88's. I believe most EL34 amps will accept 6L6's (but not the other way around) as well with a small mod or two.

The 6L6 Uber Ultra uses 1K screen resistors and would be safe to run EL34' or just about any other tube as long as the bias range is good.

At the voltages Bogner runs these amps at, a quad of EL34's wants to see a reflected impedance of about 2K where 6L6's want to see about 2.2K. So, if you split hairs the transformers (output) would be different. But not enough to cause any issues or sound differences.

What’s particularly neat is that the morph knob sweeps over a different tone control depending on the fat/tight switch

That plus the density knob really make it a tweakers paradise if they wish
Absolutely, that switch has a much more drastic effect when morph is at 0 and now I need to mess with the sweep a little more.

Also agree on the Density and would add presence.

I'm still blown away, like I said earlier I'm laughing I never tried Morph at 0 and it unlocked a whole new world for me. Made an amp I already loved damn near perfect.

With that said, a very high quality, high headroom built in noise gate and programmable footswitch would make this amp 100% perfect.

Back