Bogner XTC experts , help needed

eco70777

Hi:

I have the change to buy a Bogner XTC 101B, which is the amp i have wanted for a long time.
The amp does not seem to have the A-AB switch on the back.

I think it is a 2008.

If i was to buy a XTC, what should i be looking for?

Help me out guys, i know you have great knowledge here.

TY in advance!

I run mine in class AB all the time so I wouldn't let that stop you. They all come pretty loaded up with exception of class A or AB so if you want it and its a good deal go for it. I have a 20th but the 101b is great, blue channel is exceptional

RG955TT":v40l22tl said:
I run mine in class AB all the time so I wouldn't let that stop you. They all come pretty loaded up with exception of class A or AB so if you want it and its a good deal go for it. I have a 20th but the 101b is great, blue channel is exceptional

do i have to look for a specific year?
2100 is a good price shipped and pp?

Class A is cool if you can find one but not a deal breaker if you can't. I think can make a small difference in the clean tones. It's more of a feel thing. Speakers and tubes will have a bigger impact on tone.

Since 2004 they haven't really changed, with the exception of tolex & grill cosmetics.

It is the best all-around amp model in the world, in my opinion. You can play any style. It is good at everything (except chugga chugga).

Agree with all of the above. I bought my 101B in the late 90s and have been gigging with it ever since. My band plays everything from country to funk and disco to rock of all styles. Never had one single issue in all those years. Agree with rdodson, it won't do metal chug on its own, BUT, I found that running even a cheap Boss EQ in the loop, with the scooped V easily gets you in that ballpark. The loop is fantastic.

It might not be an option for you right now, but I have yet to find a better matched cab than the V30 loaded Bogner cabs.

I had a Soldano Decatone, Diezel VH4S and my Ecstasy Classic all at the same time. I kept the Ecstasy... $2100 isnt bad but for a standard 101b I have seen better deals, there is a fully optioned classic on TGP right now for $2400 which I think is a better deal, if you enjoy the classic...

Contact Bogner and ask how much and even if they can add an A/AB switch. I have a Classic with all the options and while nice to have I don't switch them up all that often. As for chugga chugga get an Uberschall too. Then you have all the bases covered.

I would agree with all the above statements .
Been a Ecstacy owner since the mid 90's , got an uberschall for almost two years .
I'm really wanting a Helios in a bad way !!
Between the uber and the Ecstacy if I could only have one ,
Ecstacy all the way !!
I'd call the Ecstacy the Swiss Army knife of amps!

If you need any help with settings or figuring out the amp make sure and post...there is a learning curve but the reward is very much worth the effort. Good, well-thought-out preamp glass makes a difference especially in the mid-gain area if you dig a rich sound.

thank you Rdodson and YES, all help you guys can send my way is truly appreciated.
So Settings, please send them to me!!!!

Honestly, I have the a/ab switch on my classic but never use it live, it definitely makes a difference but it's not true class A vs class AB either, I believe it's just a voltage drop. The old style is really cool for some things but does cause more ghost-notes. Frankly it stays in new/class AB/full power 99% of the time on mine though. Great great amps though. Had mine since '01 (101b) then modded at Bogner to classic in '02.

As far as settings it's all relative to the rest of your signal chain including your playing. But this amp will sound great with everything at noon and then go from there.

'63-Strat":1c4hzndz said:
As far as settings it's all relative to the rest of your signal chain including your playing. But this amp will sound great with everything at noon and then go from there.

Well, i my playing is the best in my bedroom unless a good friend who can really play comes home to visit. LOL

How do i get AIC tones out of the amp?
Any leads, i am talking rhythm , i will get the leads myself

eco70777":1u7lto5z said:
'63-Strat":1u7lto5z said:

Well, i my playing is the best in my bedroom unless a good friend who can really play comes home to visit. LOL

How do i get AIC tones out of the amp?
Any leads, i am talking rhythm , i will get the leads myself

like '63 Strat said start about noon on your channels. Maybe between there and 2:00, blue channel should be pretty close there. Experiment with the switches depending on your guitar, cabinet etc. Blue with boost or red should either give you some great lead tones. They really are a great sounding amp. I've had several 101b and classics and have another one coming this week that I'm looking forward to owning again.

Back