Brian Tatler from Diamond Head has joined Saxon.

JohnnyGtar

Brian Fucking Tatler from Diamond Head has joined Saxon.

Long Post. Be sure to scroll down.

In case you don't know it. Diamond Head's Brian Tatler is one of the inventors of NWOBHM. Diamond Head was a massive influence on a young band named Metallica. They've covered four Diamond Head songs.

DIAMOND HEAD Guitarist Says METALLICA Covering His Band's Songs 'Has Been An Incredible Bonus'

https://blabbermouth.net/news/diamo...-his-bands-songs-has-been-an-incredible-bonus

Saxon is another one of the founding bands in NWOBHM.

"Saxon are an English heavy metal band formed in Barnsley in 1975. As leaders of the new wave of British heavy metal (NWOBHM), they had eight UK Top 40 albums during the 1980s including four UK Top 10 albums and two Top 5 albums. They had numerous hit singles on the UK Singles Chart and experienced success all over Europe and Japan, as well as in the United States.
During the 1980s, Saxon established themselves among Europe's most successful metal acts. The band tours regularly and have sold more than 23 million records worldwide."

This new Saxon release is whoopass metal.

Opening the show with a new tune. Hell, Fire And Damnation (live debut) - Hydro, Glasgow 2024

Studio version.

Live version of "Princess of the Night" from the "Denim and Leather" album recorded in 1981.

I really need to check out some Saxon.

Last edited:
I haven’t kept up with them recently. I guess Paul Quinn retired from touring? He really played so many iconic, great leads. Really worked those funky ass golf hats..lol Saxon, back in the day, was one of the most inversely proportional bands between how they sounded and how they looked…☺️

Oh man, that version of Princess was killing me. A Guitarist’s nightmare, where you have a quick downpicking song and the drummer comes in too fast so you have to match it, meanwhile the groove is obliterated. My right hand was cramping just watching it…🙃

Back