Bring back the BLue Face!!!!!

jonl":1ewhzvdo said:
Peter do you think it would be possible to bring back the blueface for 2013?

Been following a few of your post about the blue face vh4's and what not... here's my 0.2 cents
Since there is almost no audio difference between re-issue blue and current silver face, you lead me to one conclusion....
"Dude, you got an unhealthy hard-on for blue paint"(?) :LOL: :LOL:
"You need to see a doctor, Dude!" :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

brickford":esnbalcr said:
jonl":esnbalcr said:

Been following a few of your post about the blue face vh4's and what not... here's my 0.2 cents
Since there is almost no audio difference between re-issue blue and current silver face, you lead me to one conclusion....

So?

Well I ment the original...

brickford":r4cr2ztp said:
jonl":r4cr2ztp said:

Agreed. Just go with the silverface script logo. Done.

As for the ORIGINAL blueface from the 90s. That ship has sailed. Odd one may pop up on eBay or auction, but the originals are accounted for - it's history.

Adam Jones is just a human being who plays guitar in a popular rock band. Just sayin'.

PS: to the above...

I personally think the later iterations of the VH4 (2007 onwards) are also more musical and easier to dial in than the originals. I've not had any experience with the original, but I've followed what some owners have said, what Papa has said, and what cats who've had the amp in their recording space have said. The later iterations of the Mighty "V" are more versatile, offer more breadth in sounds, and have been refined to be "an improvement" of the first few. Not to say the original BF was anything to scoff at; I am sure it is a golden beast of an amp. But hey, knowing what the newer Vs can do? I'm more than okay with this.

I do think if ever Peter decided to do this, it would be a massive attraction for many. Put a price tag of $7500 each on 100 heads made, and set them loose. They'd be bought in no time. But I'd happily hug my script logo 2010 model and just carry on playing :D

Ventura":lb7fzro2 said:
I do think if ever Peter decided to do this, it would be a massive attraction for many. Put a price tag of $7500 each on 100 heads made, and set them loose. They'd be bought in no time.

This is a good idea V. :thumbsup:

MOOSEHEADS":efoiyyae said:
Ventura":efoiyyae said:
I do think if ever Peter decided to do this, it would be a massive attraction for many. Put a price tag of $7500 each on 100 heads made, and set them loose. They'd be bought in no time.

This is a good idea V. :thumbsup:
I'll see what Papa thinks ;)

I say let the old amp be. All the owners of the old ones are going to be severely pissed if the market gets watered down with some more. It's a time-stamp in history. Nobody is going to get AJ's tone with or without it. Let's face it ~90% of the guys that want a 90's blueface reissue want one because of Adam no matter what they say. Peter likes the new amps better and there is no reason almost everyone else shouldn't think so too. It's an evolution of the original idea. Trials and errors to transform it into a whole new beast capable of some monster tones the original only dreamed of. I'm not dissing the old ones, I'm just trying to get people's heads out of their posteriors to see the beauty and create their own tone out of what's readily available to them instead of chasing the dreams and tones of someone else.

I'm a much much happier player since I stopped trying to copy jerry cantrell, tony iommi, adam jones, dimebag, kim thayil, zakk wylde or whatever idol I have and found my own tone

I would never sound exactly like any of them and that's just nonsense
you still could sound close enough even with a much cheaper diezel einstein, anyway, but you simply wouldn't get there even with adam's own amps

ericsabbath":35wsi1gu said:
I'm a much much happier player since I stopped trying to copy jerry cantrell, tony iommi, adam jones, dimebag, kim thayil, zakk wylde or whatever idol I have and found my own tone
that

Smart man :thumbsup:

The tone I chase is my choice, please don't give me that crap!
I am a hobbiest that enjoys chasing a certain style and tone. That is what makes me happy!

If making your own tone and style makes you happy that's great! I'm happy for you!

ericsabbath said:

Fuckin' A!!!!!!! :rock:

I am more in to me these days since i gave up copying others. :D

Just wished i had figured that out sooner! :doh:

slyvren":2b2zq2oi said:
I say let the old amp be. All the owners of the old ones are going to be severely pissed if the market gets watered down with some more. It's a time-stamp in history. Nobody is going to get AJ's tone with or without it. Let's face it ~90% of the guys that want a 90's blueface reissue want one because of Adam no matter what they say. Peter likes the new amps better and there is no reason almost everyone else shouldn't think so too. It's an evolution of the original idea. Trials and errors to transform it into a whole new beast capable of some monster tones the original only dreamed of. I'm not dissing the old ones, I'm just trying to get people's heads out of their posteriors to see the beauty and create their own tone out of what's readily available to them instead of chasing the dreams and tones of someone else.

As a owner of the "old" amps I don't think it would hurt the market at all. I would buy one if Mr. Diezel decided to make a select number of them and I will state that publicly. At the same time I respect his wishes and support him and Diezel.
Yes AJ brought me to Diezel and alot of other people. So does James H., that bald guy that sqishes orange squash, and a lot of other people that make music that appeals to a large audiance.
With that said, I also own the new amps as well. There has been a progression of evolution throught the years that follows the current trends in music. I love the new amps, the old amps, and everthing in between.

I don't think my head is in my "posterior" because I would buy one from Diezel and love its tone for what it is and not just of chasing AJ's tone. I do wonder about where your head is by dismissing anyone who would want one and think chasing someones tone is a bad thing. We all have to start somewhere and so did you.
If chasing someones tone gets you to play its a good thing. The tone you find along the way may very well be your own. :rock:

jonl":pp9ad6qn said:
The tone I chase is my choice, please don't give me that crap!
I am a hobbiest that enjoys chasing a certain style and tone. That is what makes me happy!

If making your own tone and style makes you happy that's great! I'm happy for you!

I'm glad that it does, but asking an amp manufacturer to re-release a certain circuit just so you can chase a tone that you'll never get is a little presumptuous don't you think?

Back