Bro Country Y’all!!!!

Born in Ky, i have family in Tenn, Miss, Alabam & Southern Illinois.
They all have accents but thing about current Nashville music is they ALL have fake southern accents.
How do i know because ive been around it all my life and the real accents are a drawl about every 3rd word not every fuggin word like Nashville recording accents.
Its a slap in the face to real country folk. Not that anyone cares.
Even George Jones & Loretta Lynn hardly had accents.

So freaking funny and good. Agree w/ shar-bell Dan and the fake southern drawl was my favorite part. Big fan of older country like Patsy or Conway where I can actually remember the melody and don’t need gang vocals to get into the vibe.

I dig old school country but that modern shit? Hell no. I remember when Alabama got famous in they early 80's. I asked a female country singer why so many country fans were excited about that band. She said "It's a new sound."

Funny story. I was working at NAMM one year and I had a monster headache. I was talking with Jeff Cook, Alabama's lead guitarist. He's a good dude. He said "What's wrong?" I replied "Headache from hell." He opened his briefcase, grabbed a bottle of pills, opened it and handed me one. He said "Buddy this here's a Lorcet. Take this and in fifteen minutes, you won't give a shit." I took it and 15 minutes later, headache GONE. Thanks, Jeff! (Lorcet is another name for Vicodin.)

P20477_10.jpg

Nashville marketing definetly churning out a couple generations of alcoholics.

Last edited:
Back