Budda SD 30 / SD18 vs. Boogie Mark III 1x12

Drew

I want to pick up a two channel 1x12 and I have been considering the Budda SD 18 and SD 30. The descriptions and reviews of them sound ideal but I can't really get a good idea of the sound I'm looking for from the youtube videos. I've never played one and nobody around me has them in stock whenever I happen in to the local dealers.

In the past I've owned numerous Boogie Mark III's 1x12 and always end up selling them due to my 22 year love/hate relationship with those amps, but I know this amp would sort of fit my current need (I only use two channels of that amp).

Has anybody owned both or played both extensively? Basically I need an amp that can give me Vox like clean sounds (U2) on the clean channel and Neal Schon like sustain on the gain channel while not being overly compressed and have my lead sound eaten up by the bass player.

Should I buy another Mark III and stay with what I know and deal with my perceived limitations of that amp or go for the unknown and try a Budda SD18 or SD 30? Or is there another contender in the same price range that I'm overlooking?

Back