Celestion G1235XC limited edition... demo

Interesting Pete

Does it remind you of another Celestion model, or is it completely different?

Business":rcj459cl said:
Interesting Pete

Does it remind you of another Celestion model, or is it completely different?

I dunno really, maybe like a bit if V30 and a bit of Greenback? It's got a crisp high end but not in a bad way- really makes cleans sparkle. If I was to use em with the SL68 I might be inclined to clip the bright cap on the amp. Maybe. But then again it's a new speaker and it'd smooth out like they all do, so I'd have to beat em up for awhile! I think they are real cool.

Well they sound good, like everything you demo really

A bit of raunchiness, which I like with certain tones

yngzaklynch":265p5fcf said:
Dug it. Would have loved to hear that white Suhr. Looks fantastic! Great playing and tones as always

I just used the white Suhr on my Vertex Boost vid- I used it in my Jim Kelley amp demo too. I'd post links but I'm on my phone :) it's a great geetar!

That speaker sounds great. I like how the top end is crisp and open, but the overall tone still manages to have some warmth, so there are no ice picks. Seems like it would be killer for recording.

Pete, did you run any of your modern voiced amps through it ( like your PT100 or BE100) and bust out some heavier riffing? I'm curious how it sounds in a chunkier, heavier setting.

lowmantotempole":36wprot0 said:
Yeah... But can it do teh brootz? Lol...

Would love to hear the new PT100 through those!
To hell with the brootz. Lets hear Unchained and Hear About It Later!

fearhk213":1evo7ya8 said:
That speaker sounds great. I like how the top end is crisp and open, but the overall tone still manages to have some warmth, so there are no ice picks. Seems like it would be killer for recording.

Pete, did you run any of your modern voiced amps through it ( like your PT100 or BE100) and bust out some heavier riffing? I'm curious how it sounds in a chunkier, heavier setting.

It does sound good. Celestion spec says it has a 42 oz magnet, halfway between 35 oz magnets (Greenback, G12T75) and 50 oz magnet (V30, G12H30). Usually heavier mag speakers do better for chunkier, heavier settings (though the magnet size is not the only deciding factor).

thegame":2fv8whuh said:
fearhk213":2fv8whuh said:

It does sound good. Celestion spec says it has a 42 oz magnet, halfway between 35 oz magnets (Greenback, G12T75) and 50 oz magnet (V30, G12H30). Usually heavier mag speakers do better for chunkier, heavier settings (though the magnet size is not the only deciding factor).

I totally forgot I posted in this thread haha, so I just saw this. That's interesting about the magnets. I didn't know that.

Fantastic Video, I wonder how they would work in a nice built 4x12 cabinet, or this are better working with other speakers like vintage30's or g12-65!

Finally watched this. Great demo as usual. Just on the edge of being too crisp for my tastes, probably would do better once they are more broken in. As usual thanks for the GAS Pete. :)

Back