Charvel Custom Shop...

Not a fan at all. Color is weird and I prefer maple over rosewood necks. Price is a bit much too. I've snagged better for less.

I bet it's a killer guitar but resale on it seems to be very tough. Seller is having a very hard time moving it. Custom Shop Ebony boards are super nice at least on the one I had. I would be willing to bet the seller, if he is anything like me, is ready to blow it out big time, take his big lumps, and move on. I think that guitar went for 2500 brand new and seller is original owner I think. $1600 would be a great price.

A CS guitar with a tone control in the wiring cavity :loco:

Sure that can be removed, but WTF went on in the design of that guitar? I think you can do better for less.

sytharnia1560":sz9z32xu said:
psychodave":sz9z32xu said:
I prefer maple over rosewood necks

lucky its ebony then :LOL: :LOL:

:LOL: :LOL: Same shit in my book. I've had 3 ebony board Charvels and have never cared for their tone. One was a custom shop and was beautiful, but was so fucking bright it would drive me nuts. :LOL: :LOL: Like someone else said, $1,600 is a better price.

Like it but can't stand Basswood. To me it is toneless. I just don't hear what people like about it. It might excel for some genres but for mine it suffers greatly.

Metal :rock:

The WG pup is interesting...I've got a WG in the bridge of my Charvel. Sounds a lot better the a the stock pup that came in it, IMO. I'm thinking seriously of swapping it for a Frankenstein.

$1400 would be my max. Why do most custom shop Charvels have a "custom shop" logo on the headstock but some don't? :confused:

Frehley12":35jn0g5x said:
A CS guitar with a tone control in the wiring cavity :loco:

Sure that can be removed, but WTF went on in the design of that guitar? I think you can do better for less.

The ad makes it sound like maybe it was added later?

I love Charvels but I'm not a fan of basswood. Seems lifeless compared to other tone woods. With that color, I would've wanted a matching headstock. You can get a lot for that price in this market

Hey all this is my guitar, I had it on here for awhile and no one seemed interested, funny now to see a thread about it. I bought it new from CMC for $2600, my photo abilities suck so please see link below which is more representative of what it actually looks like in person. I always loved silver burst so I LOVE the way it looks.

http://www.cmcguitars.com/charvel-usa-c ... st-guitar/

The tone knob mod was done by my tech, I like having a tone knob wired in all the way up, I have done this on other Custom Shop Charvels, it can be removed in one second. The ebony board looks and feels amazing, maple board with this color scheme would not look right. The top is actually trans white see thru and it is birds eye maple, in person it looks cool as fuck. I like the tone of this guitar and I like basswood lots, many of my Suhr's and Anderson's had this combo and it was great. I also like the spoke wheel truss rod and EVH pickups (all stock). It is mint and never gigged. The reality is that I had a new roof and upgraded my studio and mostly play a single Tom Anderson that has been with me for a while. Everything I have is top shelf but I need to move some of it out (selling a USA Schecter as well). Any questions hit me up, I am open to offers, $1400 no way, $1600 seems more doable, thanks guys !

alan67":2xv2q3c1 said:
Why do most custom shop Charvels have a "custom shop" logo on the headstock but some don't? :confused:

A few years ago on Jackson Custom Shop order I had the option of

1- Custom Shop Logo on the front of the head stock
2- " " on the back of the head stock
3- No Custom Shop Logo

I thought it was an added fee if I'm not mistaken but can't 100% remember.

Back