Charvel Custom Shop

Scotty":2cewyg45 said:
sah5150":2cewyg45 said:
Tone Jones":2cewyg45 said:
sah5150":2cewyg45 said:
Get a Chubtone.
What's their story? The "about" page on their website is blank. Curious whose parts they use and their background in guitar building.
Send 'em an email through the site. I'm sure they'll get back to you. Curt is a great player and has owned tons of the original Charvels and as a long time music shop owner has worked on and built countless guitars. Chubtone Guitars is his (and his partner Matt's) twist on the original California hot rod guitars and as someone who has owned many original and new Custom Shop Charvels, I can say that these are every bit as good.

Steve

After reading your review about Curt's new venture I ordered mine in Oct and received it today. Between you and Curt I fully trusted ordering site unseen due to both of your's past experiences with all kinds of Chavels.

It is a home run. It is as good as any CS Charvel or Lee Garver neck I have played and it cost less than half what Charvel would have charged and probably $6-800 less than other builders on this site. Curt has put the super strat market on notice with his attention to detail and pricing.

I will post a review soon with pics.

Scotty
:thumbsup: :rock:

Steve

sixty-niner":2p6169h2 said:
If it were my cash I would get a LUXXTONE, made by the top guy at charvel and you can have it totally custom, even the art work on it. Nothing plays like my luxxtone, not even my knaggs.

I have a Luxxtone too in addition to CS Charvels!!! Killer guitars. Made by the top guy at Charvel? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

I love my CS Charvel.Long wait but worth it for sure.I wil order another in the future.I make the best of the wait as it gives me ample time to save up for it.Works out great.

sah5150":3emsyyrz said:
sixty-niner":3emsyyrz said:
If it were my cash I would get a LUXXTONE, made by the top guy at charvel and you can have it totally custom, even the art work on it. Nothing plays like my luxxtone, not even my knaggs.
When did Jerry Bizon work at Charvel?

Steve

He still does 1 day a week for all of their artist guitars. he's the best!!!

Little B":2w831aab said:
I love my CS Charvel.Long wait but worth it for sure.I wil order another in the future.I make the best of the wait as it gives me ample time to save up for it.Works out great.

What I worry about Is that two years is a long time: I worry whether I'd ever get the guitar. What if TMZ folds in that time? What if Charvel keeps kicking out the date or stops communicating? Nine months seems normal. 24? A lot bad can happen.

metalmaniac93":1u4c7jpe said:
sixty-niner":1u4c7jpe said:

I have a Luxxtone too in addition to CS Charvels!!! Killer guitars.
Same here, I have a Luxxtone that easily hangs with my best Charvels, have a second one inbound this week in fact.

I have many CS Jackson's. 2 I ordered myself and received in 18 months. Great guitars but very different than a Charvel.

My suggestion would be to order a Performance. You can get a killer guitar for $3500ish which is still pricey for a bolt on but they are magical guitars. One of the members here has one in the classifieds now and it's a killer deal.

EDIT - here is the link: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=187692

sah5150":szuur4bf said:
psychodave":szuur4bf said:
I dunno, man... The Music Zoo Nitros and PrePros hold a decent resale value, but I've seen people get decimated on plenty of other Charvel CS guitars. At any given time, I see a few of them sell for $1500.

Steve

Agreed - I've bought and sold CS Charvels for dirt cheap (relatively speaking). That said, if you can find one used that's close to what you want, you may be able to get a great deal.

Anyone know if any of these alternatives (Chubtone, Luxtone, Performance, etc) will do a 7-string? Guess I can ask them directly to find out, but curious is any of you guys know.

sixty-niner":1s43nzts said:
sah5150":1s43nzts said:
sixty-niner":1s43nzts said:
When did Jerry Bizon work at Charvel?

Steve

He still does 1 day a week for all of their artist guitars. he's the best!!!
Then I wouldn't exactly call him the "top guy at Charvel". Many of the legends who built the original Charvels in the 80s are still there...

Steve

cardinal":3pw8c4em said:
Little B":3pw8c4em said:

What I worry about Is that two years is a long time: I worry whether I'd ever get the guitar. What if TMZ folds in that time? What if Charvel keeps kicking out the date or stops communicating? Nine months seems normal. 24? A lot bad can happen.
It's Fender. I don't think you're gonna get screwed out of your cash, but endless delays are a distinct possibility. I'd either buy one from stock, a nice used one, or get a Chubtone.

Steve

cardinal":bghaudn8 said:
Anyone know if any of these alternatives (Chubtone, Luxtone, Performance, etc) will do a 7-string? Guess I can ask them directly to find out, but curious is any of you guys know.
I know Chubtone hasn't built one yet... doesn't mean he won't, but it's new development, which takes time...

Steve

I love my Charvel guitars. I can't see waiting 2 years for one only because I am not that patient. I think my custom shops are amazing guitars. I bought them used. That would be my advice. I don't know anything about chubtone guitars other than Curt is a solid guy and I want a chubtone.

sah5150":g0pin6au said:
cardinal":g0pin6au said:
I know Chubtone hasn't built one yet... doesn't mean he won't, but it's new development, which takes time...

Steve

They said maybe at some point but not at this time.

Back