"Charvel" partscaster on the way

tallcoolone

Ordered the wood for this guitar over a year ago. This will be my 4th finish job from MJT and they are meticulous. I love a big fat neck and went with a Musikraft with a “full C profile .90”x1” I can't wait to check it out. Super D in the bridge PAF Joe in the neck. Not a big whammy guy so I went with the Floyd NFT. My goofy ass on the neckplate for a touch of narcissism. Panic en la Playa next week then NGD when I get back--other than the Charvel decal being kinda clowny large I think it at least LOOKS great

IMG_2691 (3).jpg

IMG_2695 (3).jpg

Looks fantastic, Im sure it plays even better!
My main guitar for the last year is a MJT tele body, 2011 American Fender neck (RW board) with a single Fralin Steel Pole 43 (P90) in the bridge.
IMG_2298.jpeg
IMG_2299.jpeg

That turned out fantastic! I transitioned to NFT Floyd’s and locking tuners on a few of my guitars and have never looked back.

That's funny- I'm about ready to order a guitar from Luxxtone in about that exact configuration. Only thing stopping me is the year wait and deciding if something will come up for sale anywhere

That turned out fantastic! I transitioned to NFT Floyd’s and locking tuners on a few of my guitars and have never looked back.
I’ve thought about it since I saw Guthrie’s sig guitar—I have no patience for locking nuts and fine tuners. How is the tuning stability on yours?

Reactions: PDC
That's funny- I'm about ready to order a guitar from Luxxtone in about that exact configuration. Only thing stopping me is the year wait and deciding if something will come up for sale anywhere
I bit the bullet and ordered almost a year ago… I’ll let you know how it turned out when I finally get it. I’d say just get in line…

I’ve thought about it since I saw Guthrie’s sig guitar—I have no patience for locking nuts and fine tuners. How is the tuning stability on yours?
It all boils down to the string slots in the nut. If the nut is slotted 'properly' with legit Nut Files that make the 'U' shape at the bottom of the groove, then tuning stability is excellent. I had to bite the bullet and buy a set of Nut Files from Stew Mac because without them, my slots had that sharp 'V' at the bottom of the groove, and no amount of lubrication would prevent the string from binding and hanging up. I do have Hipshot Locking Tuners and with a dab of light oil in each string slot, I find tuning stability is actually as good as with a clamping nut.

Back