Charvel San Dimas question

Hung Huy Tran

A friend of mine is selling a Charvel San Dimas (sorry no pics just yet) that he claims is MIJ, but the body is blue burst with a recessed floyd and pickup rings. Doesn't this mean it's a MIM body? It has a rosewood board FWIW.

Hung Huy Tran":13x6vvm3 said:
A friend of mine is selling a Charvel San Dimas (sorry no pics just yet) that he claims is MIJ, but the body is blue burst with a recessed floyd and pickup rings. Doesn't this mean it's a MIM body? It has a rosewood board FWIW.
it definitely is NOT a MIJ body. that would be a MIM body for sure
so maybe it is the neck from a wildcard MIJ san dimas on a MIM body?

charvelstrat81":2i26nue8 said:
Hung Huy Tran":2i26nue8 said:
it definitely is NOT a MIJ body. that would be a MIM body for sure
so maybe it is the neck from a wildcard MIJ san dimas on a MIM body?

It must be. I spent hours online looking at San Dimas pics and could not find a single guitar with this neck and body combo.

Thanks for the reply!

The MIJ/USA headstock will say where its made, MIM will not. The neck plate will say where its made..USA, Japan or Mexico.

Racerxrated":2wsp87dm said:
The MIJ/USA headstock will say where its made, MIM will not. The neck plate will say where its made..USA, Japan or Mexico.

That's good to know. It does say MIJ on the head stock but I'm not sure about the neck plate, I didn't even look at it.

:doh:

There´s been a ton of Pro Mod parts floating around Ebay for years, so I wouldn´t be surprised to see plenty of mutts turn up eventually.

Except for the pickup ring which could easily be added this sounds like a MIJ Wildcard #4 San Dimas in Dead Aqua Calm finish.

134752-pro-mod-limited-wild-card-med.jpg

Joe-TX":293z24qc said:
Hung Huy Tran":293z24qc said:
Joe-TX":293z24qc said:
Hung Huy Tran":293z24qc said:
Thanks for all the help guys. The body color/floyd/pickup configuration is like this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Charvel-Pro-Mod ... SwFqJWm3uZ

You said rosewood board in your original post. Now I'm totally confused.

It's the body I posted above with a rosewood fretboard MIJ neck.

Cool. Personally I like the MIJ necks over the MIM.

That's pretty much what I'm reading on these internets. The neck plays real nice.

If it is a MIJ neck on a MIM body it is better that way
The MIJ necks have much better fret work and feel nicer. :thumbsup:
so if the price is right grab it ;)

Joe-TX":2sountg3 said:
Except for the pickup ring which could easily be added this sounds like a MIJ Wildcard #4 San Dimas in Dead Aqua Calm finish.

I traded a guy my MIM maple neck for a MIJ rosewood neck with the blue charvel logo (similar to the one above but the logo is more blue than teal). I put it on my candy blue MIM body and love it. While I feel the MIM maple necks are perfectly fine, I do really like the MIJ rosewood neck.

srommes":26ot91un said:
Joe-TX":26ot91un said:

I traded a guy my MIM maple neck for a MIJ rosewood neck with the blue charvel logo (similar to the one above but the logo is more blue than teal). I put it on my candy blue MIM body and love it. While I feel the MIM maple necks are perfectly fine, I do really like the MIJ rosewood neck.

The logo on this one is the same way. I'll post pics once I get it.

:thumbsup:

Hung Huy Tran":20xe7yyf said:
srommes":20xe7yyf said:
Joe-TX":20xe7yyf said:

The logo on this one is the same way. I'll post pics once I get it.

:thumbsup:
The neck on that wild card is killer! i almost bought that guitar because of the neck! :)

charvelstrat81":1bhgtguk said:
If it is a MIJ neck on a MIM body it is better that way
The MIJ necks have much better fret work and feel nicer. :thumbsup:
so if the price is right grab it ;)

I'll be grabbing it tomorrow or Saturday. :thumbsup:

Back