Charvel vs Fender

MrFlexx

I have a Charvel San Dimas MIM on which I replaced the Floyd Rose with the amazing Schaller Lockmeister and put on a Big Brass Block. The tone and sustain is killer.

I now got a pretty good deal on a Fender Stratocaster USA from 2004. It has dings and stuff but sounds great.

I've been thinking to PLEK the Charvel and refret it with SS. The Fender does not have locking tuners and have a steel block 2-point bridge" so if I'm going for the Fender I will upgrade with locking tuners and a brass block. I will.also PLEK it and refret it with SS.

Now for my question. Is the upgrade worth doing on the MIM Charvel or should I change for the Fender, which I need to cash up and extra $400 in cash in between? If so, the deal is with a very renowned Music Store in this area.

Tough question- If you are going to keep the MIM Charvel forever do it because those are good upgrades but you still Have A MIM guitar and it's only worth so much. The Fender would probably be the better choice to do upgrades on and sink some money into.

In the end do what makes you happy because it's not like you are modifying super expensive guitars.

Great guitars are great guitars, period. I have a couple that I'll never sell....I'd not hesitate upgrading either one if I had the vision to. Right now they're perfect for me. A 2008 Charvel and an 86 Jackson.

Back