Clean channel really quiet through Torpedo Reload

mateias72

Hi all,

I've been using my Reload to record my Fender Super Sonic on the dirty channel, it works great. However when I switch to the clean channel, it is barely audible through the DAW. I've even tried cranking the clean volume on the amp itself up, but it results in very little difference when going through the Reload to the DAW. Ordinarily the clean channel is so loud it can peel paint off the wall.

When I dial the speak volume up on the Reload, the volume level and tone I expect comes out of the speaker, so I'm a bit confused what happened or what I can do to get a decent volume on the clean side.

mateias72":24kepd4d said:
Hi all,

I've been using my Reload to record my Fender Super Sonic on the dirty channel, it works great. However when I switch to the clean channel, it is barely audible through the DAW. I've even tried cranking the clean volume on the amp itself up, but it results in very little difference when going through the Reload to the DAW. Ordinarily the clean channel is so loud it can peel paint off the wall.

When I dial the speak volume up on the Reload, the volume level and tone I expect comes out of the speaker, so I'm a bit confused what happened or what I can do to get a decent volume on the clean side.
That's weird!? Which output do you use (XLR balanced LOADBOX or DI output) when going from the Reload into your DAW? Do you use some kind of preamp before you go into your DAW? By using a mic/line preamp after the Reload helps to 'boost' weak input levels coming from your Amp>Reload to create decent recording levels. Also check if you've not accidentally activated the -15dB pad on the Reload.

Hi mateias72,

the Reload does not "know" if you're playing clean or dirty, it just takes the signal you throw at it. ^^

Could it be that your clean channel is somehow more quiet? Did you play with the volume on the clean channel and compared it with the dirty channel?

Hi - no, generally the clean channel "sounds" louder than the dirty, however you would have to turn it up to insane volumes to get it to distort, even mildly.

It is a 60-watt tube amp, so it can get pretty loud. I can usually only take it to 3 or 4 before it gets wall-shaking loud, however through the Torpedo it is very quiet at these levels. I go higher and it starts to distort, very strange.

I'm using the XLR outputs... I'll check to see if I have the -15db pad enabled, good call.

Back