Comparing an ISO cab to the Torpedo Live

steve_k

Uh...there is no comparison. :D

30 minutes and the ISO is going back in the box. Sure, with the ISO you get a bit more dynamics of the amp, but dammit, it sounds like playing in a shoe box again and needs some serious post-EQ to sound anywhere remotely as good as the Torpedo Live for FOH delivery.

I want to do some comparison clips this weekend if I get time to mess with it. But, the Two Notes is in a league all on its own.

Steve

Thank you Steve_k, that's a question I often have to answer, but it's always better to have the opinion of an experienced user rather than mine. ;)

man, I've been recording for more than 20 years, and Torpedo Live is the best thing to record you amps!!!

ISO Cab is OK, need a lot post-production work to do, and always bleed to outside enviroment.

I had a couple of ISO cabs over the years. They were OK at best. I found that they were very boxy sounding as well. However, on a budget, they will get the job done....just not like my Live.

If someone can do this, it would be cool to compare if there's any significant difference in the output of the Torpedo between the internal load and having an isobox connected to the thru. ie in both cases, listening to the Torpedo but changing the load on the amp.

Andy

guillaume_pille":zos03dnq said:
Thank you Steve_k, that's a question I often have to answer, but it's always better to have the opinion of an experienced user rather than mine. ;)

Yeah, it's like having a hot step-sister. Looks good, but bad idea.... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Back