Crapping my pants... just bought a VH4 on ebay

Every time I buy something on ebay for more the $200, I have the "oh crap" feeling until it arrives. I've never actually been burned before, but I want this amp bad, and it was a goooood deal!

VH4 coming!!! :rock:

hopefully. :aww:

I get that ever since I got stung for an Xbox 360. I got my money back, but I'm still a little shy!

I hope it works out for you. :2thumbsup:

i've bought several guitars over 1k off ebay no probs. I bought a triaxis once and it looked like it had been drug under a truck for 100 miles, thankfully i got my money back.

dave

I understand your concern. I just spent hella money on ebay, came in the mail just yesterday.

Its an all original 68' Super Bass.
CIMG1086.jpg

ptp.jpg

You will love the VH4!!! It will get to ya, don't worry. It's rare that people's stuff doesn't come at all. :rock:

Well... I'm feeling a little better. The guys has been VERY responsive about shipping and other details. Should be cool.

bmwm3cs, Super Bass looks awesome!!! I saw some on ebay for around $5K! If you don't mind me asking, did you pay higher... or lower?

I payed about $4,000 and the seller payed for customs and shipping. It was a lot of money but I am an amp whore. It is the perfect contrast to the VH4. Although, the VH4 will forever be my favorite amp. I've had mine for a little over 3 years and every time I plug into it I am blown away. You will love yours, congrats.

I saw an original Superbass in decent condition at a Guitar Center the other day for $2,400. I don't know much about pricing for these, but if they are going for upwards of $4,000 then I should have taken a better look at it.

FourT6and2":pz7tiycl said:
I saw an original Superbass in decent condition at a Guitar Center the other day for $2,400. I don't know much about pricing for these, but if they are going for upwards of $4,000 then I should have taken a better look at it.

It depends on the year. The 66-68 have solid state rectos and have the "Plexi" front. After 68 Marshall started putting brushed aluminum fronts. The Plexiglas fronts are worth more. Also, after 72 Marshall stopped hand wiring the JMP's. The hand wiring is obviously worth more. Guitar Center knows what they are doing in terms of pricing. I doubt they would sell an amp for less than it's worth. Most of the Vintage amps i've seen at Guitar Center are over priced. I bought a Bassman that was suppose to be all original and when i played it I knew it had been modded. I bought it anyway and brought it to a tech. The tech told me that I should just take it back. The Bassman sounded okay but it wasn't worth what they were selling it for. Be careful when buying vintage gear.

Wow, it arrived today! :D

I plugged in my Tele Nocaster... and it's amazing! (you all knew this already though). I was worried that all it could do was metal, but it's a major tone machine! Actually, while I was playing I was pretty sure I heard Jesus whisper though the speaker, "You're welcome."... or maybe it was Peter.

Actually, while I was playing I was pretty sure I heard Jesus whisper though the speaker, "You're welcome."... or maybe it was Peter.

Actually it could be the devil celebrating that you are about to loose your hearing :D

The new Amps come with 6550 tubes because the current el34 production seems to be not the best... Mine is a 2007 and it came with el34. And I love it how it is :thumbsup: One thing that is also very important is the cab. Not ervery cab can stand the VH4. :rock: I use my VH4 for (Funk, Disco, Soul,) mostly Rock. It´s by far not only a dark metall amp :thumbsup:
Watch this:

I've seen that vid. That dude is killin' it! The minute I plugged in, it was evident that the VH4 can do waay more than just the heavy balls stuff.

I've got it running into a Randall Isolation Cab right now... I'm waiting on the new Rivera Silent Sister. I might pick up a Diezel 1x12 too.

audiomichael":20n19y94 said:
I've seen that vid. That dude is killin' it! The minute I plugged in, it was evident that the VH4 can do waay more than just the heavy balls stuff.

I've got it running into a Randall Isolation Cab right now... I'm waiting on the new Rivera Silent Sister. I might pick up a Diezel 1x12 too.

Where are you getting the Rivera from? Are they taking orders now? For Iso stuff, the Rivera looks way better than the Randall. Post a review under the amplifier review section when you get it and let us know.

Thx,
Steve

I'm trying to wait patiently. I have one on order at Trutone Music in Santa Monica. They're being cool, but Rivera said they should have some a couple weeks ago. Still waiting. :aww:

The Randall is OK. I've gotten some great tones out of it, but some times I've had to work really hard for it. Also, there is an unpleasant hollowness that's always there (at least in a small amounts). Also it gets overwhelmed with bass easily, then all of the handles and metal rattle which can get picked up in the recording.

Can't wait for the Rivera...I'll surely post comparison clips and review. :rock:

Back