D-Tuna set-up, so to be able to go not only DOWN, but UP

JP Overdrive

When i got a D-Tuna for my guitar, the instructions stated that you needed to have the Floyd Rose flush to the body of the guitar ( and you could only dive-bomb down...) that did not sit well with me, i installed a Tremolizer in 2 minutes and i can now dive-bomb down and go up with the bridge as well. Added bonus is that the bridge remains stable/it does not move when i bend a string, for better vibrato and overall feel.

https://youtu.be/GjwWZfSxx2k

Hey brother, Dtuna will absolutely not work unless the bridge is flush to the body… If it's a floating bridge, It will not work at all, hope this helps…

SQUAREHEAD":247yn15n said:
Hey brother, Dtuna will absolutely not work unless the bridge is flush to the body… If it's a floating bridge, It will not work at all, hope this helps…

Did you read his post? He installed a stabilizer so it would work. :D

Bluplirst":3orm5lpt said:
SQUAREHEAD":3orm5lpt said:

Did you read his post? He installed a stabilizer so it would work. :D

Yep :D ... and I still don't think it will work.

Wow, excellent! I did not think it would work… I've always been told that the tuna did not work any other way than with the block or the Floyd tight against the body, good for you man!

I know the guy, let me call him/see what's up...I know he wanted to re-design the unit and maybe he's off for a while doing so...Will keep you posted.

You are right!! I'm playing lefty, strung right!!! Well...it's a bit strange, but it works! It's the reason Buddy Miles ( from Jimi Hendrix's Band of Gypsys band ) moved me from Canada to LA, he saw me play like that and was totally impressed. This was a long time ago, i was i kid ( right after Jimi's passing ) i knew every Hendrix lick then...i still do now! If you like Hendrix, here i am live playing some of his songs. I'm using a similar device, made by Hipshot, that keeps my Strat bridge stable/not moving, but it allows me to still go Down and Up. The Tremolizer is much easier to install.
www.hendrixdisciplesband.com

You can also pull up or down on a Floyd with a Tremol No installed, I have it installed on my Suhr, just make sure to route for the D-tuna like this..

Float.jpg

JP Overdrive":1e6u6ciy said:
You are right!! I'm playing lefty, strung right!!! Well...it's a bit strange, but it works! It's the reason Buddy Miles ( from Jimi Hendrix's Band of Gypsys band ) moved me from Canada to LA, he saw me play like that and was totally impressed. This was a long time ago, i was i kid ( right after Jimi's passing ) i knew every Hendrix lick then...i still do now! If you like Hendrix, here i am live playing some of his songs. I'm using a similar device, made by Hipshot, that keeps my Strat bridge stable/not moving, but it allows me to still go Down and Up. The Tremolizer is much easier to install.
http://www.hendrixdisciplesband.com

Back in 1980 or '81 I used to go watch a guy named JP from Italy that played a lefty strung right but this was in Houston, Texas. My buddies and I would skip school and go to Parker Music and hang out there all day, JP was always there and possibly worked there, I'm not sure. He and one of the employees there played in a band together I believe. I learned absolutely nothing by watching him play because it was backwards and upside down but damn he was good.

Could this possibly be the same JP?

I'm really interested in in trying out the Tremolizer, and I'm wondering why he dropped the product, for a redesign. Seems to me like it would of been smarter to Just sold it to those that could use it with two springs, and then just make a version 2, that is redesigned, then later on you could drop version one.

Fu-tone, has some heavy duty purple, and red springs that work with some heavier string gauge sets, so you could still sell the current design that he has now.

I hope that he keeps the sliding feature some how how in this redesign, so you can lock it in after you find your floating spot.

Glad it worked for the OP. I tried repeatedly with Tremsetters and never got them to work properly. I gave up and just blocked it off instead.

Back