Dean Dimebolt queations

Avi8r2005

Any Dean experts in here? I came across a Dean dimebag dimebolt lightning whatever the hell model in a pawn shop. It was behind a glass case so I couldnt get a real good look at it. However I noticed it had a licensed version of a floyd rose on it which I assume it's one of the very older models of this guitar. They had it marked at $950 which seems high, but any idea what it's really worth and if it's worth picking up? Always wanted one and they seem harder to find.

if youre on facebook theres a huge group called dimebag gear marketplace where you will surely find answers

I had one about 15 years ago.

It has the wrong bridge pickup (not the Bill & Becky), the Floyd is a cheap piece of crap you'll need to replace with a Schaller before it will stay in tune, and the fretboard was to narrow - so when you vibrato on the low or high E strings, the string will roll over the edge.

ymmv

I had one about 15 years ago.

It has the wrong bridge pickup (not the Bill & Becky), the Floyd is a cheap piece of crap you'll need to replace with a Schaller before it will stay in tune, and the fretboard was to narrow - so when you vibrato on the low or high E strings, the string will roll over the edge.

ymmv
My bass player has the Dean Dime-O-Flame, which I believe is the same as the Dimebolt with a different paint job. Won't stay in tune because the bridge is trash. Also be careful it's not a chinese copy

Is it the buddy blaze model? I think that’s the dude’s name. Has two humbuckers but they are placed like the Kramer nightswans. I probably got that wrong. I remember they were kinda pricey for the import models. Not sure about USA models.

Is it the buddy blaze model? I think that’s the dude’s name. Has two humbuckers but they are placed like the Kramer nightswans. I probably got that wrong. I remember they were kinda pricey for the import models. Not sure about USA models.
No, you're correct.

The second pickup is placed at the "magic spot" where it just screams, due to it being a natural harmonic there.

mnGYEvd.jpg

Import or USA? I assume it’s an import…even those things seem to be bringing big money these days compared to what they sold for.

Import or USA? I assume it’s an import…even those things seem to be bringing big money these days compared to what they sold for.
As far as I know, those models are all imports.

Back in the day you could get whatever you wanted out of the Dean custom shop in Florida.

I figured it was. I see those things on marketplace and the prices are nuts. Guitars that were literally 3-499 on mf are going for a lot more now.

Those Dean From Hell models were going for right over $900 when they were being sold and now are going from @ $1300-2000 on Reverb and in the wild so depending on the condition, it isn't that bad of a price for today's market. I'd shy away from that though unless you really want that model as those are MIC and there's so much more you could get for your cash with that money.

The Dean SK imports are usually really great guitars, the USA shop puts out some great fucking stuff, too - Andrew Barnes is still over there and the work that dude does is clean as fuck.

can you get a photo of the back of the headstock. I have a few USA dimebolts the 2005 model ish looks like that but can’t tell from the photo.

Back