Delay ideas

This thread made me dig all these out. The Pico Canyon is still the clear winner to my ears. Carbon copy comes in last.
IMG_9151.jpeg

H9 is prob my fav unit on the floor. I have 1 specific setting that I love for lead (delay + boost). They are way down in price now As stated above

Me! I have one for sale!

https://www.rig-talk.com/forum/threads/fs-seymour-duncan-805-od-80-lexicon-mpx-1-v1-1-275.304617/

Absent that, a used Eventide H9 is a great option too…. They’ve gotten cheap now that the H90 is out. I have an H90… which is why I’m selling my MPX-1
I love my MPX-1, but not sure if it would be my first choice for someone who doesn't want to fiddle with settings, lol.

I have always been curious about those H9 and H90 pedals, but I wish they had an analog dry-through.

I love my MPX-1, but not sure if it would be my first choice for someone who doesn't want to fiddle with settings, lol.

I have always been curious about those H9 and H90 pedals, but I wish they had an analog dry-through.
I had the H90 for a bit but sold it and got the fm3. It's a really cool pedal and my only complaint was there was no android app at the time that I owned it.

The Keeley Caverns pedal was really nice too. I tend to like softer, or maybe darker is the better term, delays. Usually carbon copy, dispatch master, or caverns is what I go to. I just buy them get a modeler, decide to use on board effect, sell the pedals, then decide to go back to tubes, rebuy delays, rinse repeat.

To get in your cost range maybe a Boss DD-3 or DD-5 pretty much simple and straightforward with crisp delays without being dark. I used two DD-5 for years in a W/D/W until I upgraded to the DD500 a couple of years ago cause I wanted that SD3000 algorithm....worth every penny but the ole DD-5's didn't suck by any means.:2thumbsup:

The Free The Tone Flight Time delay is my favorite delay pedal. It pretty much put an end of the delay search for me. Before that, I used a DD500 for years and really liked it. The reason I like these pedals is they have an output boost option so I can give leads a volume boost AND add more delay with a single switch. I have a rhythm delay patch with the delay mixed low and unity gain and a lead delay patch with a 2db volume boost and more delay mixed in.
The DD3 is great too for a simple delay pedal. I also like the TC Nova Repeater.

Last edited:
The Free The Tone Flight Time delay is my favorite delay pedal. It pretty much put an end of the delay search for me. Before that, I used a DD500 for years and really liked it. The reason I like these pedals is they have an input boost option so I can give leads a volume boost AND add more delay with a single switch. I have a rhythm delay patch with the delay mixed low and unity gain and a lead delay patch with a 2db volume boost and more delay mixed in.
The DD3 is great too for a simple delay pedal. I also like the TC Nova Repeater.
I want to try that. I’m using their Reverb for a simple plate on my board after taking my H9 off recently. I think I’m going to put my SDE 3000 EVH on to get rid of the other h9, but free the tone is awesome and smaller!

DD-3 is tough to beat, but Halo is my favorite delay. Easy to get great sounds, tons of options, just a great delay all around

Ive been using a BOSS DD3 and DM2W as well as a Memory Lane Jr.
All great!

I've also owned the Vapor Trail which I thought was great.
Carbon Copy I owned, didn't really care for it.
Had the dual Analogman delay, wasn't any better than the DM2W in my opinion.
Had the TC delay, blue box, forgot what they called it.
Owned two Belle Epochs, I thought they were noisy.
I had the black Dunlop, Echoplex delay? Is that correct. A little brighter than I am used to, but sounded good. That is actually one I wouldn't mind trying again...

Last edited:
Ive been using a BOSS DD3 and DM2W as well as a Memory Lane Jr.
All great!

I've also owned the Vapor Trail which I thought was great.
Carbon Copy I owned, didn't really care for it.
Had the dual Analogman delay, wasn't any better than the DM2W in my opinion.
Had the TC delay, blue box, forgot what they called it.
Owned two Belle Epochs, I thought they were noisy.
I had the black Dunlop, Echoplex delay? Is that correct. A little brighter than I am used to, but sounded good. That is actually one I wouldn't mind trying again...
The Dunlop Echoplex sounds great. My issue was it is impossible to turn off the age/modulation. It always bleeds through.

I think what my DD-5 didn't give me was Rack quality sounding delay, echo's. I feel the DD500 provides that upgrade qualitywise at least to my ears.

I see Keeley makes the Halo delay....it looks pretty nice.......

Back