DELETE

Wow I can't tell from the pics if those spots are simply the wood or not.I guess you have to see it in person. Did you call Suhr to verify the guitar is not a B stock and it is brand new? Dealers get what tget get from mnaufacturers and all manufacturers have levels of imperfections that the dealer must accept or even in some cases, fix themselves. Not sure what policy Suhr has but a call to them could have helped understand what those spots actually are.

They're in or under the poly. Some were more pronounced than others. It was not easy to get these all of these pics. At almost $5000 it should not be this way.

For 5k I am not sure I would want a poly finish either. I think the issues is with Suhr not the dealer for letting that guitar get past QC. But again, it could be acceptable to Suhr if the defects are within their standards. But don't sweat it, there are others out there or will be out there you will love to purchase and they will be perfect.

Fucking hell, I have heard of good customer service but you take it to astronomical levels.
Props to you John.
The trolls are out! I don’t get people

to clarify a misunderstanding Im not calling SixStringer a troll at all but the person who took this post and reposted it to TGP saying look what I found was not cool or necessary. He has deleted that post which was the right thing to do. When I came here there were no pictures to be found. If you guys have issues reach out to our CS, we are happy to help

I hate the internet more an more every day, why can’t people just play

Last edited:
Why did you start a new thread to post post pics when I asked for them in the other thread you have goin?

Did you get frazzled and delete them because John Suhr actually came in here ?

Why did you start a new thread to post post pics when I asked for them in the other thread you have goin?

Did you get frazzled and delete them because John Suhr actually came in here ?
I’ll clarify that the pictures and post was deleted when I came here, not SixStringers fault. I was alerted to this on TGP and when I came here all I see is talk on both forums and nothing I can do or see to try and help. These forums are beyond frustrating and I’m about ready to swear off all of them so I can actually be productive. But.... if someone has an issue please contact our CS it will get you a lot further than forums

I’ll clarify that the pictures and post was deleted when I came here, not SixStringers fault. I was alerted to this on TGP and when I came here all I see is talk on both forums and nothing I can do or see to try and help. These forums are beyond frustrating and I’m about ready to swear off all of them so I can actually be productive. But.... if someone has an issue please contact our CS it will get you a lot further than forums
But dude, forums are where to go for the pros in the know!!!!

Well apparently your painter painted over "several pieces of trash" on the guitar before spraying the clear coat....but he deleted that post too.

Six Stringer said:
I bought a near $5000 Suhr Custom Modern a while back and returned it. It had several pieces of trash in the poly on the front and the shielding pain was visible arounds the control cavity cover. Am I expecting too much at that price point? Is this normal for Suhr Custom?

Well apparently your painter painted over "several pieces of trash" on the guitar before spraying the clear coat....but he deleted that post too.

Six Stringer said:
I bought a near $5000 Suhr Custom Modern a while back and returned it. It had several pieces of trash in the poly on the front and the shielding pain was visible arounds the control cavity cover. Am I expecting too much at that price point? Is this normal for Suhr Custom?
Nobody has shown anything to me, it’s hearsay to me. I’m happy to help but can’t help if I’m not given a chance. Everyone knows I go out of my way to make things right. Many people mistake paint contamination for wood beauty marks. Anything is possible but at this point i can’t help. We have heard nothing from any dealer either, at least let me know the dealer and I’ll reach out to them and find out what’s up.

Last edited:
Back