Diezel Footswitch?!?

~Abstract~

I've never seen one of these! Where can I get it?

DiezelFS.jpg

Oh no!

That one is perfect!

It's my understanding that the typical midi foot switches cannot be configured to operate the amp like that switch could?

I thought with a standard MidiMate or GCP, you assign one button to (Channel 1, mid cut on, loop off), another button to (Channel 1, mid cut on, loop on)...another to (Channel 1, mid cut off, loop off)....etc. Basically that you cannot assign a button to control only Midcut on/off or Loop on/off.

Am I thinking of this correctly?

Thanks for the reply Herr Diezel!!!

~Abstract~":2pbyv3ex said:
Oh no!

That one is perfect!

It's my understanding that the typical midi foot switches cannot be configured to operate the amp like that switch could?

I thought with a standard MidiMate or GCP, you assign one button to (Channel 1, mid cut on, loop off), another button to (Channel 1, mid cut on, loop on)...another to (Channel 1, mid cut off, loop off)....etc. Basically that you cannot assign a button to control only Midcut on/off or Loop on/off.

The problem is that you can program a "typical" MIDI foot switch to operate like this, but as Diezels do not understand MIDI CC-messages you are not able to do it that simply (= global mid cut on/off switch). As you stated, you can do this preset based with PC-messages. Needs more programming yes, but there is no difference in the end result except that you need more buttons.

i.ak":y6u36xaw said:
~Abstract~":y6u36xaw said:
Oh no!

That one is perfect!

The problem is that you can program a "typical" MIDI foot switch to operate like this, but as Diezels do not understand MIDI CC-messages you are not able to do it that simply (= global mid cut on/off switch). As you stated, you can do this preset based with PC-messages. Needs more programming yes, but there is no difference in the end result except that you need more buttons.

Sorry, I don't really understand.

Would a Ground Control Pro be able to turn the midcut on and off with a single switch, no matter the channel?
If not, how is that controller capable of that?

I don't understand the "CC" and "PC" messages part of your post.

Thank you!!!

Sorry, my response was quite vague.

CC = Control Change / Continuous Control
PC = Program Change

MIDI PC -commands are used for loading predefined programs such as presets that by single hit of a button loads the stored programs in all of your equipment connected and configured to read that particular MIDI-channel and PC-message. For example, your MIDI pedal preset button 1 send PC-message 001 to your amp to load channel 1 and your FX-unit to load preset 1. Or preset button 3 to send PC-message 003 to your amp to load channel 3 and PC-message 069 for your FX-unit to load program 69.

MIDI CC -messages are used for continuous controlling purposes. So instead of loading predefined and stored presets you are going to control set parameters. For example, you can set your expression pedal to certain Control Number and send CC-messages between Control Values of 0 and 127 to control e.g. your FX-unit's delay volume or panning, etc. In many MIDI-pedals, you can also set at least some of the buttons to send CC-messages instead of PC-messages. An example of this would be that you would assign a certain button on your MIDI-pedal to send a CC-message when pushed and this CC-message would then toggle Mid Cut on/off.

And then to the problem point. You are not able to program one designated button in GCP (Ground Control Pro) to switch i.e. Mid Cut on and off globally, because this would require utilization of CC-messages and Diezels do not understand CC-messages (please see the link bellow). But as there is altogether 10 preset buttons available in GCP (if you use it in 10 presets mode), you can make own presets for sounds that have Mid Cut on and that have Mid Cut off - Exactly the way you described in your earlier post. Of course this is not the same thing you are looking for (global Mid Cut on/off -switch), but this way you would have an opportunity of having direct reach to presets that have the Mid Cut on and off. Surely it takes more buttons, but I wonder how often do you really switch the Mid Cut on and off without loading a full preset (= changing FX etc.)? I don't have Herbert so I do not have an opportunity to use Mid Cut, but the same thing applies to VH4 Channel Inserts and I very much prefer to have separate presets for these as I usually load also another delay program.

You might find this thread interesting: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=32940

i.ak":5ky5qr2k said:
Sorry, my response was quite vague.

CC = Control Change / Continuous Control
PC = Program Change

MIDI PC -commands are used for loading predefined programs such as presets that by single hit of a button loads the stored programs in all of your equipment connected and configured to read that particular MIDI-channel and PC-message. For example, your MIDI pedal preset button 1 send PC-message 001 to your amp to load channel 1 and your FX-unit to load preset 1. Or preset button 3 to send PC-message 003 to your amp to load channel 3 and PC-message 069 for your FX-unit to load program 69.

MIDI CC -messages are used for continuous controlling purposes. So instead of loading predefined and stored presets you are going to control set parameters. For example, you can set your expression pedal to certain Control Number and send CC-messages between Control Values of 0 and 127 to control e.g. your FX-unit's delay volume or panning, etc. In many MIDI-pedals, you can also set at least some of the buttons to send CC-messages instead of PC-messages. An example of this would be that you would assign a certain button on your MIDI-pedal to send a CC-message when pushed and this CC-message would then toggle Mid Cut on/off.

And then to the problem point. You are not able to program one designated button in GCP (Ground Control Pro) to switch i.e. Mid Cut on and off globally, because this would require utilization of CC-messages and Diezels do not understand CC-messages (please see the link bellow). But as there is altogether 10 preset buttons available in GCP (if you use it in 10 presets mode), you can make own presets for sounds that have Mid Cut on and that have Mid Cut off - Exactly the way you described in your earlier post. Of course this is not the same thing you are looking for (global Mid Cut on/off -switch), but this way you would have an opportunity of having direct reach to presets that have the Mid Cut on and off. Surely it takes more buttons, but I wonder how often do you really switch the Mid Cut on and off without loading a full preset (= changing FX etc.)? I don't have Herbert so I do not have an opportunity to use Mid Cut, but the same thing applies to VH4 Channel Inserts and I very much prefer to have separate presets for these as I usually load also another delay program.

You might find this thread interesting: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=32940

I'm really new to all this midi stuff. Thanks for the information.

I REALLY appreciate the link.

I wish Herr Diezel would reissue that 7 function switch...

Back