DIEZEL HERBERT VS VH-4

MADFULL

Guys i need your help !
I can't decide me between the two amp .

I have to buy one , but i still do not what to do .

I'm looking for a versatile tone , i like to play on old style band ( Pearl jam , Nirvana , Oasis , Blur ..... )
Can you tell me why buying a Herbert , why a Vh-4

Are the amp totaly different ?
It's a hell to choose :aww: :confused:

You already had the herbert which you stated you didn't gel with because its too beefy on the bottom end.
Then you had the Hagen, which you sold.
Guess you ought to try amps before you buy, saves you time and dealers having to restock the amp you send back at a discount.

VH4 might be too tight for you, so leaves you the D-moll or schmidt....

MADFULL":pq1uzu4o said:
Guys i need your help !
I can't decide me between the two amp .

I have to buy one , but i still do not what to do .

I'm looking for a versatile tone , i like to play on old style band ( Pearl jam , Nirvana , Oasis , Blur ..... )
Can you tell me why buying a Herbert , why a Vh-4

Are the amp totaly different ?
It's a hell to choose :aww: :confused:

Both amps do wonders to your tone and are extremely versatile so you shoud not be dissapointed with either. As a owner of both of these amps, the absolutely only solution I would recommend to you is to take your own guitar (= you should know how it sounds with other amps in comparison) and go to guitar store and play both with same cabinet. Or find out locally someone who has Herbert or VH4 and go to try it out. Unfortunately from clips you cannot get the "full picture" so you need to try yourself. The older threads linked above are definitely worth reading, but thats again somethign like buying a car based on user reviews and fact sheets.

I bought my VH4 and i'm really happy , the clean sound good , make me fell Hiwatt sound ( depend the guitar you use ) , it's similar to a warm fender clean .
The Crunch channel is like a Marshall Plexi , Jcm ( old generation ) a warmer sound for rock sound
The Lead channel three is like a tiger teeth , it's a wonderfull pleasure for the ears , not too loud as the Herbert i mean , it's tight .
Channel four is a channel i will use for solo , with a wha .

To resume the Vh-4 is a swiss knife army , you can play everything even it sound less Metal than a HERBERT , but i will re buy a Herbert because i think they're both special amp !

Thank to DIEZEL after 15 years , i had a lot of amp , i can say today i found the AMP that i need .
I'm really happy .

I want to say that i'm sorry if i bored you with all my questions , sometimes not in the good place in forum
sincerly

;)

So after all these "vs" posts, you ended up buying both :confused: ????

Then again I have an Einy and I am GASing on D-moll..........

Diezel is part of my musical life, and life is a bitch

Profound":2awbpdeq said:
So after all these "vs" posts, you ended up buying both :confused: ????

Then again I have an Einy and I am GASing on D-moll..........

Diezel is part of my musical life, and life is a bitch

Yes and i'm sincerly sorry if my versus posts bored you :thumbsup:

Back