Diezel VH2 vs VH4

I am more and more intrigued by these two : it's gonna be an obligation to compare them side by side !! if not i'm gonna questionning myself until the end of my life .....FOR REAL lol

Oh, I was under the impression the VH2 was purposely made as a more affordable VH4 with channels of 1 and 3 of the VH4. I didn't know it might be its own beast, sounds like it's close but not the same. Then other posts are people saying channel 2 of VH2 is the best gain channel and they sold their VH4, wow that's hard to believe.
I've read/heard that Channel 1 of the VH2 is actually based on Channel 1 of the Paul, while Channel 2 of the VH2 is a slightly gainier and more "modern" sounding version of Channel 3 of the VH4.

I've read/heard that Channel 1 of the VH2 is actually based on Channel 1 of the Paul, while Channel 2 of the VH2 is a slightly gainier and more "modern" sounding version of Channel 3 of the VH4.

Now that's interesting, the VH2 is an evolution amp, not identical but core DNA is from greatness, very nice.

I am more and more intrigued by these two : it's gonna be an obligation to compare them side by side !! if not i'm gonna questionning myself until the end of my life .....FOR REAL lol
It was hard for me for having both and having to pick . Vh2 is better imo but fuck vh4 looks do cool so big

So for those who have a VH2 which power tubes match the best with ? always wonder about the 6L6 but it's like a lot of people say el34 are the best way with Diezels ?

So for those who have a VH2 which power tubes match the best with ? always wonder about the 6L6 but it's like a lot of people say el34 are the best way with Diezels ?
6l6s all the way in the vh2 . I got mine on trade to sell this thing and I really think it’s fucking amazing .i did not like Kt77s or el34s

i've got KT77 ....which differences with 6L6....is it really obvious?
Subtle, but yet noticeable. I prefer 6l6's in my Diezels as well; I find the midrange to be more open with 6l6's. By open, I suppose mean that Diezels inherently have a broad and thick midrange. The 6l6's don't seem to accentuate it as much and make it more controllable. To my ears, anyway.

I like EL34's as well; they bring a bit more upper midrange to the party, which works.

I never liked the KT77's with Diezels. I have found they add a bit too much girth to the already broad and powerful mids.

Back