Diezel VH4 Clip (Completely Raw Guitars)

lolzgreg

Hey everyone!

This is a pre-production clip of my buddy Kyle Odell's band Vanisher: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1569935/VH4.mp3

I reamped with my VH4. You are hearing COMPLETELY RAW guitar tones. Straight from the mic into the DAW with no processing whatsoever. I love this amp. Peter has done a fantastic job honing in on "THE Diezel Tone" since the earlier amps in my opinion.

Let me know what you guys think.

Cheers,

Greg

That sounds KILLER good, thanks for posting...never owned Diezel but now I definitely have gas :D

Nice! Kyle's stuff has always been killer, and those tones really show it off.

Any details/pictures on the tracking setup?

That's killer, Greg! Fucking mean sounding! :rock: I noticed you're selling the Diezel cab. What cab do you prefer to use with the VH4?

Jordon":yg34ofh1 said:
Nice! Kyle's stuff has always been killer, and those tones really show it off.

Any details/pictures on the tracking setup?

Thanks for the kind words.

I'm not a huge picture person, but I'd be glad to share details:

Reamp v2->Maxon OD820 Pro->ISP G-String Decimator->VH4->Mesa Recto Cab->SM57->API Preamp

It's a pretty standard setup, but I get really particular with mic placement and all that jazz. :LOL: :LOL:

Digital Jams":1btsaqng said:
Told you...........

Sounds outstanding Greg and love the song's structure. VH4 is the shit in the right hands.

Thanks Scotty boy. The amp is a nice addition to the collection for sure. :thumbsup:

glassjaw7":1btsaqng said:
That's killer, Greg! Fucking mean sounding! :rock: I noticed you're selling the Diezel cab. What cab do you prefer to use with the VH4?

I happen to like the Mesa V30s better than the other variants RECORDED. I think the Diezel cabinet sounds better in the room, and feels better to play through, but it just doesn't do it under a mic like the Mesa does for the tones in my head.

Rezamatix":1btsaqng said:
Sounds GREEAT!

\m/ Your VH4 video was one reason I looked into this amp. One of my favorite engineers ever (Ben Grosse) also loves this head, so it was a kick to get one :yes:

Killer!
So your boosting?
Is that Ch.3.......I would love to get something close to that out of my VH4, looks like im twisting some knobs tomorrow!

Damn!!! If that's a V4, then that's the Diezel I want for my sudio! Congrats man, sounding great. Both the tones and the song!

I use a boost on everything aside from cleans and the occasional crunch tone. Thanks for your kind words guys. Kyle is a great player and songwriter, so he made my job easy \m/

Freaking Killer and you know how much I dig that band................ and you....YA CAK!!!

and of course I'm a fan Of Peter Diezel and his amps !!
Hope all is well!! :rock:

~R~

Back