Diezel VH4 vs. Herbert vs. Hagen vs. Schmidt video

cool vid. thanks for posting

i liked the Hagen the best for my tastes..just has that slight upper mid sound i dig!

I (have) own(ed) 3 of those 4 amplifiers, the Herbert Hagen and the VH4. My personal assessment has been that the Herbert's 2- channel is probably the most soulful of the crunch channels and has just a wall of sound from the higher gain settings, there is an undeniable "smile" factor to riffing on the VH4's 2 higher gain channels, and the Hagen just loves detuned guitars more than the other two. The VH4 is more crunchy than fully saturated high gain but feels much higher gain than it sounds, that may be the "smile" factor. I do like the solo spots that remove the full band so you can tell the difference between them. You can really read into the Hagen being a mix of the VH4 and Herbert with a slight flare up in the upper mids for the "modern" sound. This is an awesome little sample to get people acquainted with the various flavors of Diezel that are available and totally captures what is hard to put into words. Well done! :thumbsup:

GREAT vid.

A lil' confusing to me to separate the amps throughout the clip - I take it everytime the name change, the amp changes, and this is cool - although at times the transition was difficult to realize and hear.

Overall, with that guitar and style of music the hagen wins. IMHO, YMMV. It's got a real nice bite to it - I love it.
Second up, VH4.

THANKS FOR POSTING. Can we have more pics of whoever is attached to that leg?? :D :thumbsup:

They all sound amazing but the Hagen is best for that style (says a proud Herbert owner!). LOVE how organic the Schmidt sounds though. Makes me GAS for one.

-C

Hagen sounded best to me in that context
BTW, way too much bass in the band mix to hear the guitar correctly

VH4, Herbert, Hagen, Schmidt...

...only clip of the Hagen I've heard so far that was halfway decent for me, so super well job done on that!

Business":2rf7l299 said:
Hagen sounded best to me in that context
BTW, way too much bass in the band mix to hear the guitar correctly

Whole mix was too much period... but I agree... I would LOVE this entire clip with JUST guitars...

Cool... :)
They need to do a longer vid with just guitars...
think this is the only vid i have heard with that many diezels in one sitting....

Great job, man. It's good to hear somebody else demoing Diezel amps without cranking up the gain. I don't get why metal heads seem to feel they're obliged to use excessive gain whenever they read Diezel on the faceplate. :LOL: :LOL:

GearHaven":3uxt0lfp said:
Great job, man. It's good to hear somebody else demoing Diezel amps without cranking up the gain. I don't get why metal heads seem to feel they're obliged to use excessive gain whenever they read Diezel on the faceplate. :LOL: :LOL:

It's not metal unless everything is on 11 except for the mids on 2. :D

I liked VH4 the most.. mainly because all of the other amps sounded rather congested and boomy in the bass.. VH seemed to have a great cutting tone, very percussive, although you may definitely hear that all amps compared are not a day/night difference indeed.. just a personal preference :thumbsup:

I'm going to break the combo here and say how much I loved the sound of that Schmidt. Maybe it was jut the mix, but it seemed to pop out a bit more to my ears. The Hagen also sounded great.

That was cool. Thanks for putting that together. Was surprised at how similar they all sounded in that mix, but I think I preferred the VH4. Seemed to jump out the hardest and clearest.

Back