Diezel VHX

M.U.Y.A

Hey there. Has anyone experienced the Diezel VHX amp? I haven't seen a ton of in depth reviews on tones other than the one posted on sweetwater YT channel. How do you guys like them? for the ones that own them or have at least had a good play through one. I would like to know. Thanks.

There is a Facebook group if you like with a lot of owners, plus Diesel amp user group also on Facebook if you like to check it out!

I've had the VHX for a couple weeks now. It sounds massive. Huge low end and the eq and effects sound great. It has this velcro tearing sound on the Red/purple mode that I really like. You can load your own impulse responses. Works with wireless airstep bluetooth controler. I heard there is an editor app coming soon. No complaints and couldn't be happier.

Attachments

• 20220707_192357.jpg
    20220707_192357.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 101
Last edited:
I've had the VHX for a couple weeks now. It sounds massive. Huge low end and the eq and effects sound great. It has this velcro tearing sound on the Red/purple mode that I really like. You can load your own impulse responses. Works with wireless airstep bluetooth controler. I heard there is an editor app coming soon. No complaints and couldn't be happier.
Thanks for the response. Glad you are enjoying it. I will definitely try to play one soon. Nice gear btw!

For you guys that own a VHX, how much of a difference does the shape switching have regarding the feel and response of the amp? Does using the "Early-Vintage-Classic-Modern" switching noticeably influence this? I am very interested in a VHX and I think it would be pretty cool to set up a super tight rhythm sound and then a bouncier/chewier lead sound. Thanks!

For you guys that own a VHX, how much of a difference does the shape switching have regarding the feel and response of the amp? Does using the "Early-Vintage-Classic-Modern" switching noticeably influence this? I am very interested in a VHX and I think it would be pretty cool to set up a super tight rhythm sound and then a bouncier/chewier lead sound. Thanks!
Using Shape number would influence it, 0 is tight and fast (Like VH4), 1 is a bit chewy, like MKIII and 2 is even more similar to Hagen.

Using Shape number would influence it, 0 is tight and fast (Like VH4), 1 is a bit chewy, like MKIII and 2 is even more similar to Hagen.
So between Early, Vintage, Classic, and Modern, which voices correspond with which Diezel? Or what differs between each channel? I know it's supposed to get in the ballpark of all the other amps, but I've only played the VHX. I'm curious about how each of the voices differ?

So between Early, Vintage, Classic, and Modern, which voices correspond with which Diezel? Or what differs between each channel? I know it's supposed to get in the ballpark of all the other amps, but I've only played the VHX. I'm curious about how each of the voices differ?
I just got a VHX a few weeks ago. Absolutely love it and will post soon. I have owned a VH4 and currently also own a Herbert mk3 and have played the Hagen and a friends Blueface. From my recent settings, using the blue channel:

0, Classic = modern VH4 ch3
1, Modern = Herbert ch2+
2, Classic = Hagen ch3
0, Early = Blueface ch3

I have found these settings can get you pretty close with some tweaking of the eq. Leo may have some more insight!

Back