Digitech GSP1101 + Torpedo VB101 load with Rosen Digital IRs

Ok, I know I move along the border, but I will post this little demo vid now in the Two Notes section as well, simply because my Torpedo VB101 is capable of using the full length of 3rd party IRs, which the GSP1101 is not. That must not be a bad thing, but to my taste, it improves the sound quality a lot. I loaded the Two Notes Torpedo VB101 with IRs from Rosen Digital, using a "Mesa Rectifier 4x12" and an "Orange PPC 4x12". The amp model from the GSP1101 is the "01 Dual Rect" (Mesa Boogiel Dual Rectifier). Torpedo is used ONLY as IR loader, no power amp simulation!

Remember that you might also use the Torpedo C.A.B. for the same thing, but less money.

Here is what I got. Write me your comments and opinions below!

Sounds good. I wouldn't mind hearing what each of the panned guitars sound on their own out of the context of the track. the other thing i find interesting is that your not using the power amp sim on the torpedo... i know the GSP doesn't have those types of capabilities, so what are you using?

cpiquette":27qkedki said:
Sounds good. I wouldn't mind hearing what each of the panned guitars sound on their own out of the context of the track. the other thing i find interesting is that your not using the power amp sim on the torpedo... i know the GSP doesn't have those types of capabilities, so what are you using?
I use the GSP1101 for modeling the amp sound, that being said, the preamp as well as the poweramp. As far as I know, one cannot activate or de-activate and distinguish bewteen preamp and / or poweramp, you emulate and simulate, respectively, always both of them, or non of them. I setup my GSP1101 as a processor to simulate the "preamp + poweramp", but set the internal cab to "direct", which results in the same signal, as if you use any amp, without a cab. Then the signal goes into the Torpedo to process it with IRs.

To my understanding, the poweramp simulation in the Torpedo is used only, when you have a signal from a "raw" preamp WITHOUT a poweramp, Engl E530, Mesa Triaxis and so on. The GSP1101 simulates the poweramp as well ;)

SilentMelodiesStudio":3vsdft6l said:
cpiquette":3vsdft6l said:
I use the GSP1101 for modeling the amp sound, that being said, the preamp as well as the poweramp. As far as I know, one cannot activate or de-activate and distinguish bewteen preamp and / or poweramp, you emulate and simulate, respectively, always both of them, or non of them. I setup my GSP1101 as a processor to simulate the "preamp + poweramp", but set the internal cab to "direct", which results in the same signal, as if you use any amp, without a cab. Then the signal goes into the Torpedo to process it with IRs.

To my understanding, the poweramp simulation in the Torpedo is used only, when you have a signal from a "raw" preamp WITHOUT a poweramp, Engl E530, Mesa Triaxis and so on. The GSP1101 simulates the poweramp as well ;)

To not get me wrong:

Turning of the poweramp simulation in the GSP1101 is done by setting up the GSP1101 as a processor going into a tube poweramp. I don´t really think that you turn off the poweramp sim but more activate an EQing in the machine to match it with a tube poweramp. Here one could try to use also the poweramp sims from the Torpedo, however, in my 2 demo videos using the GSP1101 in combination with the VB101, I setup the GSP1101 as a processor that goes straight into a mixer, so, a FRFR system. By setting the cab to "direct", I get the preamp + poweramp simulation from the GSP1101, which then goes into the Torpedo.

Sorry for confusion :doh:

Hope things are clear now.

Back