Dimarzio Clip Lock Straps

DET1973

Who uses them and what are your thoughts? I installed one on my Black LP Standard and so far i like it.

Had one on a guitar for nearly 20 years - loved it. Very comfortable and no worries about a drop. That's the regular nylon one. The stretchy ones on the other hand, have to go down as one of the worst guitar-related inventions since....ever...

ratter":326pj0ix said:
Had one on a guitar for nearly 20 years - loved it. Very comfortable and no worries about a drop. That's the regular nylon one. The stretchy ones on the other hand, have to go down as one of the worst guitar-related inventions since....ever...

I have the regular Nylon one. You know how guitarist usually care about looks? i used to be like that so i wouldn't use them, then i put one on an SG iused to play.

DET1973":33s6j4xh said:
ratter":33s6j4xh said:

I have the regular Nylon one. You know how guitarist usually care about looks? i used to be like that so i wouldn't use them, then i put one on an SG iused to play.

I can't be bothered worrying about looks...I'm an ugly mf'er... :LOL: :LOL:

ratter":2xboeamy said:
DET1973":2xboeamy said:
ratter":2xboeamy said:

Me too.

Straps are important to me. I am a very large guy and most straps are too short for me. That means I can either get custom ones, or for some reason Dimarzio Cliplock straps. I love these. I especially love the old black glove leather (not so much the newer version, ) and the old Chrome leather version....which is basically silver.) I don't think they are made anymore though. A few years ago, I called Dimarzio and they said they had 3 or 4 left at the factory and I bought all of them. I love those.

I think the leather Dimarzio cliplocks are really nice and very well made. You used to be able to buy them new for a reasonable price, but lately I see them for way too much money. I am not a huge fan of the webbing one, but that is purely cosmetic. They are also well made. I love the Yngwie strap, which I have. For customs, I use Heavy Leather NYC, when I can snag them cheap enough on ebay, because they are pretty damn expensive regularly. Rachel makes great straps, here in Brooklyn, NYC and is great to deal with.

DET1973":2zjmxcq5 said:
ratter":2zjmxcq5 said:
DET1973":2zjmxcq5 said:
ratter":2zjmxcq5 said:

Me too.

The cooler the strap...the more it distracts! Chrome, leopard print, lightning bolts, :LOL: :LOL:

I have a few and like them well enough. I did have one fail once though...the clip simply stopped holding under any extra pressure beyond simply hanging the guitar over my shoulder.

My biggest issue with them - the plastic that connects the wide end of the strap to the narrow end digs into my shoulder. Other than that, they're pretty cool.

On my super Strats I have used them for 20 years now. I use Dunlop strap locks on my Les Pauls. Mainly for cosmetic reasons. The DiMarzio Clip locks have never fail on the though.

I have used them before, thoughts were that they gave me more confidence in the fact the guitar was securely strapped and not at risk of taking a fall, but I didn't like the material compared to leather straps. I found the material dug into my neck and could be irritating, specially with heavier guitars like a les paul.

Been using them for a few years now with great success. Really comfortable and easy on the neck after a 3 1/2 hour show. I was skeptical about the plastic clips holding up my guitars (in fact, when I first started I said I'd NEVER try one... my how times change...) but they've outlasted everything else I've tried!! Worth every penny by far!! Bravo DiMarzio!!

\m/\m/

aXe

I found a deal on ebay several years ago - 3 complete straps for $20. Been using them ever sense, get a new guitar, get a new set of clips

lame guitarist":2tmi5yyb said:
I have used them before, thoughts were that they gave me more confidence in the fact the guitar was securely strapped and not at risk of taking a fall, but I didn't like the material compared to leather straps. I found the material dug into my neck and could be irritating, specially with heavier guitars like a les paul.

They have leather straps. Out of my 6, 5 are leather.

Back