EG3/4 solo clip

MarcoR

This is a solo I did last night for a friends demo CD I've been working on. This will probably suck to most of you.. but anyway the solo is the EG4, the left rhythm guitar is B'man channel 2, right rhythm is EG3 all through an ampeg 412 with vintage 30s miced with an SM57 > FF800 into Sonar. Guitar is a Strat with a Suhr DHS+ bridge pickup.

http://www.thesophies.com/music/MyselfAgainLead.mp3

really nice clip.. though i listened it through my crappy headphones i have at my office..

anyway, do you have any other clips wiht the EG3/4, i'm getting an egnater and would love to hear some more clips from this module..

thanks
konstantine

Yea that was great man. The Egnater records so well. I can't beleive it. I have been in studios for years and spent entire evenings just trying to get a decent tone. Not so with Egnater.

Thanks everyone! Recording with this amp really makes things much easier and the EG3/4 really is a great module. I’ve always been a Marshall guy and that tone is home for me yet I find myself searching for something a little different at times. The SL2 has given me the ultimate Marshall tone but the EG3/4 is giving me that change I was looking for.

On another note, I sold my E’rect and COD (needed cash) and regret selling both. Even if a particular module doesn’t fit your live sound, you never know when it would be the perfect one for recording. Don’t sell your modules!

Great playing and tone man! It definitely doesn't "suck" to me......... :thumbsup:

Agree about the module thing too. I sold my EG3/4 and should have held onto it. But I have the Vox, T/D, SL2 and EG5 so I gotta say I'm pretty happy still :rock: :D

Oh and I forgot to mention. I love the way your intonation is spot ON! Not a sour note in there, you really nail the pitch on your bends and even the single fretted notes. That is what I call great playing when I hear someone paying that much attention to how they sound. I bet you record yourself pretty frequently. That usually develops an ear for pitch that way.

Finally got a chance to listen to this today. Great stuff Marco! Definitely got a good smooth 80s style tone going there and your playing definitely does not suck, you are right in the pocket! Very nice dude, dig it.

3 Mile Stone, that's one of the best compliments I've ever gotten, thank you very much.

EWSEthan, 80s??!! :doh: :LOL: :LOL:

Thanks everyone!

MarcoR":f2b14 said:
This is a solo I did last night for a friends demo CD I've been working on. This will probably suck to most of you.. but anyway the solo is the EG4, the left rhythm guitar is B'man channel 2, right rhythm is EG3 all through an ampeg 412 with vintage 30s miced with an SM57 > FF800 into Sonar. Guitar is a Strat with a Suhr DHS+ bridge pickup.

Great playing and tone! From all I hear, this will be my next module. Many people say this is one of the best modules for thick tone and versatility. Thanks! Can you get fairly heavy modern rock tones from the EG3 side? I assume EG3 is channel A?

richedie":534dd said:
MarcoR":534dd said:

Great playing and tone! From all I hear, this will be my next module. Many people say this is one of the best modules for thick tone and versatility. Thanks! Can you get fairly heavy modern rock tones from the EG3 side? I assume EG3 is channel A?

I didnt spend much time with EG3/4, but I would say no. Its not what I would call "modern". Its much more "brown". Think darker, smoother, JCM 800.

Thanks! I guess I meant to say can it do heavy...not modern. I already have the MHG. Can it do metallis and Ozzy type tones on channel A? I usually just use channel A for all rhythm and just adjust the volume on the guitar or gain on the amp for gain levels per song.

richedie":9b074 said:
Thanks! I guess I meant to say can it do heavy...not modern. I already have the MHG. Can it do metallis and Ozzy type tones on channel A? I usually just use channel A for all rhythm and just adjust the volume on the guitar or gain on the amp for gain levels per song.

You could probably get close to Randy Rhodes and Zakk Wylde tones on EG3/4 but I think SL2 is probably still better for that.

I thought the same but I want it to be versatile. I assumed the EG3 side could get heavier than the SL2 chanel A.

Back