Egnater/Natec Preamp?

I could be wrong bit I think the Natec products were made by Bruce before he made the Egnater TOL100 amp and the IE4 preamp-I remember him showing me a Natec 112 combo amp back when he was still doing all of his assembly and amp mods in the basement of his home.....

Oh My God!!! I had to look closely to remember what this was. My company about 25-30 years ago was called Natec. That "system" was sort of the predecessor to the modular stuff. It was built for the guitar player in a very popular band call Romance. I'm sorry I don't remember his name. The "system" consisted of individual half rack tube preamp modules and a separate switcher/router to select preamps. Even had the custom pedal with it. It was very cool at the time. No one else was doing anything like this. Many years later it developed into what became the M4 preamp. It was different in that each preamp was completely self contained/free standing and could operate by itself or in the system. Sort of like the H/K modules that came later. I had completely forgotten about this. I believe I actually made two or three of these systems. I couldn't imagine where the others went. Wish I could have gotten it. I didn't even know it still existed.

DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT

I wish I hadn't been hungover when I saw this.

I thought the auction title was supposed to be misleading. I didn't think it was ACTUALLY Bruce's. :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT

I thought the auction title was supposed to be misleading. I didn't think it was ACTUALLY Bruce's.

I understand you guy. but be positive! There may be 2 other in the world! you (we!) 'll get another chance! :rock: :LOL: :LOL:

black_wizards":50l1s8ng said:

I thought the auction title was supposed to be misleading. I didn't think it was ACTUALLY Bruce's.

I understand you guy. but be positive! There may be 2 other in the world! you (we!) 'll get another chance! :rock: :LOL: :LOL:

:LOL: :LOL: :aww:

I feel your pain Guitarslinger. I wish I had jumped on it as well :aww:

And it was only $300. I'm betting dollars to donuts someone will sell it on eBay next year for $1,200 :(

wengnutt":izko06wh said:

And it was only $300. I'm betting dollars to donuts someone will sell it on eBay next year for $1,200 :(

I was thinking next week, $1000

guitarslinger":y78kso62 said:
wengnutt":y78kso62 said:

I was thinking next week, $1000

You may be right man :(

I bought the Natec. I was able to work out a shipping arrangement with the seller (who I might add was fantastic and led to probably the best eBay transaction I've ever done) but I waited until it was actually in transit to me before saying anything.

The preamp is absolutely not for sale and will very, very likely never be for sale. I've been playing and collecting for just under 20 years and have not gotten rid of a single piece of gear save for one guitar that I bought specifically to use as a trade and a Twin that Fender refused to warranty and nobody could fix. This is out of 27 guitars, 14 amps, several cabs, and a bunch of effects units. So, twenty years from now if you want to know where that 'lost' Natec pre is, I'll still have it.

As soon as it gets to me I will post a whole bunch of high res pics. Bruce wants to see pictures of it as well, so I'll post up as much as I can. Additionally, if there's any information about the setup that I can provide I will be more than happy to do so. Anything further I can do regarding it (save for giving it to another forumite :D )....just ask. I know it's a rare piece and an important piece of the Egnater story. My hope is that it won't be a 'lost' piece anymore.

I would have shipped it to Bruce after playing through it and takeing pictures of it. Of course I would ask that if he chose to sell it that I would get it back. But hey that's just me. :D

jlbaxe":1opii0yx said:
I would have shipped it to Bruce after playing through it and takeing pictures of it. Of course I would ask that if he chose to sell it that I would get it back. But hey that's just me. :D

Well, I've already told Bruce that he has first dibs on it if it ever does go up for sale. I think that's fair. In the meantime, you all (and Bruce) know where it's at.

Back