ENGL Fireball 25 vs Fireball 100

• Thread starter Deleted member 27494
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 27494

Love my ENGL amps and my fireball 100 is easily one of my favorite amps ever. I haven't compared it to my Powerball II yet (I will soon) so that might dethrone the FB100, we'll see. Either way, the 100 is killer but the 25 really is a worthy "small lunchbox version" of that amp. The 6L6s help to give it that big amp sound but it also has a built in powersoak, which the big one does not have so that's cool!

They don't sound exactly the same, they're voiced a little bit differently but I do think they both sound really good in their own right and you can't go wrong with either amp honestly.

So I've wanted to compare the two side by side for a while. I made a little comparison of the clean and lead channels so that you can hear the difference. What do you guys think?

Sounds great! Super close on the lead channels- if I didn't already have the 100 watt version and was buying new I'd go with the 25 just for the price difference- the power soak is a plus also. But part of me is curious how they would stack up at deafening volume through a real cab. I'm sure the 25 has plenty of ass since it uses 6L6, but the size of the iron surely plays a difference at high volume. The subjective question would be is it "loud enough" in a room with drums before it starts to get flubby (assuming it does, which may not be the case).

Sounds great! Super close on the lead channels- if I didn't already have the 100 watt version and was buying new I'd go with the 25 just for the price difference- the power soak is a plus also. But part of me is curious how they would stack up at deafening volume through a real cab. I'm sure the 25 has plenty of ass since it uses 6L6, but the size of the iron surely plays a difference at high volume. The subjective question would be is it "loud enough" in a room with drums before it starts to get flubby (assuming it does, which may not be the case).

Very good question! I haven't tried that myself but plenty of owners have reported that the 25 does just fine with a full band!

Back