Engl Invader 100 vs. Engl Invader 100 2 vs. Engl Savage (2?)

Scruffy1012

Tossing up between these amps, i saw that engl will be releasing a invader 100 2 later in the year and was just wondering if its a giant step from the standard invader or just voiced differently/slightly more versatile ? Does anyone know if there will be a savage 2 ? if so any info about how it will be voiced etc ? I'm tossing up between buying and engl invader 100 and a engl savage, but still undecided completely, because of how they are introducing the new invader 2 and getting either a savage 1 or invader 1 might be a waste of money at this stage.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Cheers duders!

It all depends what type of music you play. Ive owned both the Savage, and Invader and used them in a live scenario. The Savage's metal tone is massive, blows the invader out of the water. The only 2 things I liked about the invader were the cleans, and midi switching. I hope they make a savage 2 that has the ability to turn the loop off and on with midi.

gyver":jsvpa2t4 said:
It all depends what type of music you play. Ive owned both the Savage, and Invader and used them in a live scenario. The Savage's metal tone is massive, blows the invader out of the water. The only 2 things I liked about the invader were the cleans, and midi switching. I hope they make a savage 2 that has the ability to turn the loop off and on with midi.

Don't really need cleans. I'm already leaning more towards the savage, Cheers for the info gyver :).
but does anyone know if engl will be making a savage 2 or anything soon, or any of the specs on the invader 2 ? :D

Scruffy1012":y8lm13wy said:
gyver":y8lm13wy said:

Don't really need cleans. I'm already leaning more towards the savage, Cheers for the info gyver :).
but does anyone know if engl will be making a savage 2 or anything soon, or any of the specs on the invader 2 ? :D

Here you have a video from Musikmesse.
Unfortunately I cannot find original video but basically according to Bernd this new prototype has 2 clean channels and 2 distorted channels. The main difference tough is on the back panel - Sound Wizard modul (from 6:11)
Invader 2 is not officially released yet so some things might be different in the final version.

Anyhow I like the look of Invader 2 more than the first Invader :thumbsup:

sinnersmoon":3b9ohwwp said:
Scruffy1012":3b9ohwwp said:
gyver":3b9ohwwp said:

Here you have a video from Musikmesse.
Unfortunately I cannot find original video but basically according to Bernd this new prototype has 2 clean channels and 2 distorted channels. The main difference tough is on the back panel - Sound Wizard modul (from 6:11)
Invader 2 is not officially released yet so some things might be different in the final version.

Anyhow I like the look of Invader 2 more than the first Invader :thumbsup:

Cheers man! i think i might go with the savage if there is only a aesthetic and back panel difference in the invader 2. the invader 2 looks like it will be quite expensive :/, i don't really see that big of a difference between it and the invader 1 except for the sound wizard module.

Back