ESP USA Guitars

I've played one. It was nice and light. Felt great, sounded great. I suppose if the "leaked" pricing for Gibson's 2015 models is true, I'd consider the ESP against the Gibson, but really there's no way I'd pay that much for either of them.

Pushead":ytr7fyl4 said:
I've played one. It was nice and light. Felt great, sounded great. I suppose if the "leaked" pricing for Gibson's 2015 models is true, I'd consider the ESP against the Gibson, but really there's no way I'd pay that much for either of them.

The leak has been verified. :thumbsdown: On the bright side, you can still get a Trad for only $2,800. lol That said, I'm not spending $4k on an ESP USA either. No way in hell.

While I still consider the ESP Horizon II with the pointy headstock to be one of the greatest looking super-strats you can buy, I don't think ESP are all that really. Mine certainly didn't have the playability of an ibanez or some of the other shred guitars its class & it sounded pretty clinical compared to a Suhr, PRS or Gibson etc. Their pricing structure is pretty brave nowadays.

Metlupass2":3helrvfz said:
Pus all you play is LTDs and Epiphones. Don't kid yourself.

It's true. I was just kidding myself.

And fwiw Jimmy, I've never played a sub $1800 Ibanez that I've gotten along with or liked the feel of, and typically I can pickup a $600 LTD and feel pretty comfortable with. Perhaps it's a neck shape thing. I think all of the LTD/E-II line are all slightly over priced, but maybe that's just the entire MI industry now. Luckily there are millions of great used guitars out there to enjoy.

Trade me your JH-1 please and thanks.

Ps no more Ibanez guitars in my collection....see my last new thread or my avatar. :rock:

I bet the ESP USA guitars are phenomenal, but their aesthetics do nothing for me. Besides the obvious price point and quality, there is nothing that really makes these visually stand out from a $400 LTD.

JimmyBlind":3u2izq8b said:
While I still consider the ESP Horizon II with the pointy headstock to be one of the greatest looking super-strats you can buy, I don't think ESP are all that really. Mine certainly didn't have the playability of an ibanez or some of the other shred guitars its class & it sounded pretty clinical compared to a Suhr, PRS or Gibson etc. Their pricing structure is pretty brave nowadays.

ESP japanese made guitars used to be fantastic. Their construction and finish quality ran circles around anything Gibson could put out on a consistent basis.
But in my recent experience with a Japanese ESP Eclipse II there were some flaws in the workmanship that would not have been there even 5 years ago.
Plus, the tone was nothing special. The one I had had Duncan JB and '59 and those are really good pup's, but the last 2014 LP I bought last year had a better tone. The ESP Eclipse plays better, but doesn't sound as good.
Somethings amiss at ESP. Given their Japanese made quality has gone down I don't understand their new USA line and the crazed prices.
I've played LTD Eclipses that were just as nice and nicer than the Japanese ESP I had, which I just sold a few weeks ago.

Compared to my Korean made Schecter C1 Classic, neck through, the C1 playes nicer and sounds much better than the ESP Eclipse.
The C1 also has Duncan JB and a Jazz. It is a low cost guitar, around $800 with case in 200. Schecter just replaced it about 3 months ago due to a manufacturing error where I couldn't get the intonation perfect so they sent me a brand new 2014 C1 reissue and this one plays and sounds even better than the 2005. This is one of those guitars where the wood tone gods, electronics, and luthiers build a guitar that belies it's price point.
Because of this I'm no longer interested in ESP Japan. Haven't played a USA model, but given the price I'd have to be in complete love to consider it.

Back