Famous Metal Songs: Drum tracks

Joeytpg

Lets add some famous metal songs' drum tracks only so we can appreciate fine drumming. If I wasn't a singer/guitarist, I'd be a drummer....my fav. instrument.

Here's Dyers Eve by Metallica

During these years Lars drumming was still pretty high standard especially for the time. still if we go to that, A LOT of metal drummers are edited (if not all of them) in the studio. Also, it's about the song, not the chops only.

Great drummer the one you posted anyways

Joeytpg":1yxubajp said:
During these years Lars drumming was still pretty high standard especially for the time. still if we go to that, A LOT of metal drummers are edited (if not all of them) in the studio. Also, it's about the song, not the chops only.

Even if it was edited and "fixed" what was he doing on the kick drum. It sure wasn't a legible pattern, more like a muscle spasm :LOL: :LOL:

It's amazing how much a big, tight rhythm guitar sound can fix a drummers short comings in some material. Or just don't mix the kick too high :thumbsup:

I couldn't find a great version of Shannon Lucas playing without guitars, but he's a great drummer. I've heard producers say he's a freak and his drum tracks require no editing. Alan Cassidy is the new drummer and he's rock solid.

Joeytpg":1q4hgdd8 said:

Look up the Revocation cover of Dyers eve.

Soooooo good

Not exactly solo drums, but Josh Freese gets my vote. This is really only a peek at his awesome ability.

JimmyBlind":1t2pxk6c said:
Not exactly solo drums, but Josh Freese gets my vote. This is really only a peek at his awesome ability.

Wanna be more impressed? Go look at his discography and career highlights. Some of the bands he's played with blow my mind. So diverse.

dethyr":3ior75zk said:
JimmyBlind":3ior75zk said:

Wanna be more impressed? Go look at his discography and career highlights. Some of the bands he's played with blow my mind. So diverse.

Yeah man. I'm a massive vandals & perfect circle fan. He's one of the best session drummers in the world.

Back