Fender HR Deluxe + Carl Martin Plexitone

SonicPulverizer

Stumbled upon this video tonight. Mind is Melted. The beginning of the vid is him just playing the deluxe clean. He hits on the first stage of the carl martin and my jaw just dropped--great low gain plexi vibe. He continues on in the vid for a while adjusting the guitar volume and the level on stage 1. This is all fine and dandy, but I play high gain rock music for a living so what could this really offer me? Well, around 4:50 he hits on stage 2 and it became pretty clear that this combination can do pretty much whatever it pleases. I am thoroughly impressed and for the price point (300 or so for a used deluxe) I could easily see myself retiring my mesa backline for this. It's extremely practical. I am gonna make some calls and try and shoot out a deluxe, a twin, and maybe a bassman with the plexitone. I'll let you all know how It fairs. In the mean time here is the video, I thought it may interest some of you.

P.S. I wasn't sure to post this here or in the clips section, so sorry in advance if I have in fact made a blunder.

CM Plexitone. Wonderful pedal! About 5 years ago when I started to play again I borrowed my friends #2 rig which had the Plexitone as it's heart. Can't really go wrong with that setup IMO.

This clip made me second guess my hanging on to my Radial in favor of the CM again haha! I'll have to get both to make a A/B comparison and get it over with.

Michi":7njx34ok said:
CM Plexitone. Wonderful pedal! About 5 years ago when I started to play again I borrowed my friends #2 rig which had the Plexitone as it's heart. Can't really go wrong with that setup IMO.

This clip made me second guess my hanging on to my Radial in favor of the CM again haha! I'll have to get both to make a A/B comparison and get it over with.

Yeah it's ridiculously good -- and sort of breaking all my preconceptions of what an overdrive pedal can offer. You mean the Radial Plexitube? I wasn't aware they made a tube offering like that, that's nifty. Thanks for your reply!

I have one.....KILLER pedal. I'm actually selling at at the moment because I sold the Plexi that I was running it through (the plexi was set clean with all of the OD coming from the Plexitone).

SonicPulverizer":2kobj32i said:
Yeah it's ridiculously good -- and sort of breaking all my preconceptions of what an overdrive pedal can offer. You mean the Radial Plexitube? I wasn't aware they made a tube offering like that, that's nifty. Thanks for your reply!

Exactly what it did to me as well. At the time I didn't think about it that much, just loved playing with the rig, but afterwards I've come to realize how great the pedal really was.

I haven't got the Radial Plexitube although it's on my GAS list as well :LOL: :LOL: . What intrigues me with that one is the dual channels plus the loop to put the few fx I have in. I've got the Radial Bones London dual distortion, which I believe is essentially the same without the tube and the loop, solid state distortion all the way. To my ear it does the Marshall or hot rodded Marshall in a box very very well. Can't say enough good things about it ;) .

Back