Final Fantasy XIII

GnR102385

:thumbsdown:

From IGN

"August 3, 2008 - Square Enix fans were thrilled to enter the DKΣ3713 Private Party and check out ten of the company's most anticipated titles. However, Tetsuya Nomura had an extra surprise for attendees at the event – a behind the scenes documentary filmed at the Square Enix internal studio that was only completed yesterday by Nomura himself at 8:40 in the morning. What seemed rather apparent from the start of the documentary was that Nomura's filming was a surprise to everyone – many of the designers and character artists seemed shocked that he was taping at all, and were nervous about some of the elements being shown, including some character designs and concept art of Final Fantasy XIII versus the game translation. There was even some gameplay shown of Final Fantasy 13 which highlighted the size and scale of the world.

While this went on for a minute or two, the documentary soon shifted over to early development footage of Final Fantasy Versus XIII, which showed the main character running around through different environments. It also showed off a sequence that was included within the trailer montage of the young king climbing a staircase, although the trailer paused and the camera was manipulated in real time with a mouse. The developers zoomed out and spun around the character, focusing on the lighting on his face and the detail within the environment. This, and a few other sections within the trailer montage was shown in-engine in real time, and was emphasized by the development team that it wasn't CG at all.

In fact, the next sequence was a round table style discussion with Motomu Toriyama, Hajime Tabata and others, where they discussed elements of Final Fantasy XIII. The inclusion of Versus XIII was specifically done to highlight that the development on the game was real, as the team had read numerous rumors online that stated that the game didn't exist. The developers also wanted to make a specific point about how Final Fantasy XIII is still being developed on the PS3 first, even with the recent announcement of the game crossing over to the Xbox 360. Apparently, the team is focusing on the PS3 as the main development platform, and will release the game in Japan first. The North American and European versions of Final Fantasy XIII on the PS3 will be held back until the 360 version is done so a simultaneous release can be made.
The designers also made a point to debunk the Internet rumor of Final Fantasy XIII coming to the PC, a rumor they claimed was made from a misunderstood comment from E3 this year. Nomura mentioned that he was trying to explain that he develops his games on a PC instead of indicating that Final Fantasy would be coming to a PC.

From there, the room of designers talked about the upcoming demo of Final Fantasy XIII, which will be included on the Blu-Ray disc of Final Fantasy VII Advent Children Complete. They aren't sure exactly which section of the game will be included on the disc, and they're still deciding what areas will be included for the demo itself, but it should be a large bonus for the disc. Nomura and his team also pointed out that while development on Final Fantasy XIII is fully underway, there are still a number of elements that need to be worked on, such as some characters that haven't been approved of yet, and other gameplay features. They also mentioned that while they're casting voice actors for the game's roles, they haven't made a decision yet, although they think that TGS might be the first time that such an announcement would be made."

So now it will be an even longer wait :thumbsdown:

I'd say it will still be out by the end of next year. And c'mon, it's a Final Fantasy game. It'll just be even more epic with a longer wait. ;) :LOL: :LOL:

cyndicate":2fmjehc1 said:
Booo, cut out 360 and release it faster! :D
:thumbsup:

I think that yes, it will be a great game and probably worth the wait.. But I don't give a shit about the 360, so this just pisses me off :thumbsdown:

It'll probably suck, anyway. I didn't like X, X-2, XI, XII, and the lot. It's made by the people who made XII and X-2. :aww:

GnR102385":15e0nop1 said:
cyndicate":15e0nop1 said:

I think that yes, it will be a great game and probably worth the wait.. But I don't give a shit about the 360, so this just pisses me off :thumbsdown:

Yeah, but you're one person. Look at the numbers dude. The 360 crushes the PS3 here in terms of sales. There are so many more people with a 360 over PS3. It's common business logic. Square wants to make more money so releasing the game on 360 and PS3 will allow them to do that.

Code001":2oh1pfsi said:
It'll probably suck, anyway. I didn't like X, X-2, XI, XII, and the lot. It's made by the people who made XII and X-2. :aww:

X and XII were both awesome. :thumbsup:

mrp5150":fo2aljoi said:
GnR102385":fo2aljoi said:
cyndicate":fo2aljoi said:

Yeah, but you're one person. Look at the numbers dude. The 360 crushes the PS3 here in terms of sales. There are so many more people with a 360 over PS3. It's common business logic. Square wants to make more money so releasing the game on 360 and PS3 will allow them to do that.

Yep, most likely the Xbox ver. will outsell the PS3 in the states.

I just have the feeling this game won't come out until late 2010 or possibly 2011 now that they are going to start working on the XBox version only after finishing developing it for a different system. Terrible news.

Back